• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S USA release date - Nov 11

I am actually using eugenes froyo rom now. After jacking up my phone trying to partition the sd card i figured id give it a shot and i absolute love it.

EDIT: here is proof i am using it

snap20101226_104951.png

Did you Root to get this? I want to get 2.2, but I really dont want to root if I dont have to.

Upvote 0
No I used odin to flash it, it was super easy. But I did root afterwards (using z4root) since this phone has no warranty anyway. My bro got it new from a flea market here in the rio grande valley.

Hey Captain, I used Eugenes 2.2 as well and his rom included root built in with the upgrade. You re-rooted when you got through installing it? And if anyone has the answer: For the Vibrant, does rooting void the warranty? No biggie. I am thinking about getting a HSPA+ phone (I don't say 4g until 4g is what's available.)

Upvote 0
Hey Captain, I used Eugenes 2.2 as well and his rom included root built in with the upgrade. You re-rooted when you got through installing it? And if anyone has the answer: For the Vibrant, does rooting void the warranty? No biggie. I am thinking about getting a HSPA+ phone (I don't say 4g until 4g is what's available.)

Yes rooting will void the warranty, gut you can always un-root if you want to down the road. You can always find the stock 2.1 ROM out there. Re-flash back to stock, un-root and you'd be fine if you had to send it in for any reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones