• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S with ADW Launcher???

SupremeBeaver

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
I have searched high and low on the net trying to find a video of the Galaxy S with ADW launcher. I cant really stand the samsung launcher and want to see how it would look with ADW. Can one of you kind folks here install it and upload a video? I dont have the phone personally but im trying to convince myself to buy it seeing as its the best phone available in Europe and there seems to be nothing good coming from HTC or Motorola.

Also if i was to install either ADW or Launcher Pro on the phone, would that remove all the blue that samsung themed the phone with? Like the notification bar and all the icons in the bar. Check this pic if u dont know what i mean

Samsung-Galaxy-S-2-640x624-540x526.png

There is no blue theme. It's mainly black.

And yes, any of those home replacement apps (ADW, GDE, LauncherPro, Open Home, Sweeter Home, Panda, etc...) will all work on this phone.

It won't completely remove the TouchWiz stuff, but it will definitely change it. I personally like this version of TouchWiz. Very nicely done this time around.

Upvote 0
Hi there, I'm running WCD launcher on my SGS, was the first app I downloaded. It runs exactly like it does on any other phone, I can't readily post a video.

There is still lots of blue knocking about, too much for me. I much prefer the black/grey of stock 2.1 myself.

I use found the phone to stutter a bit with all and home launches so I am going to try another launcher.

Apart from the Samsung muck the phone is great and clearly very powerful. Can't wait to see some ROMS that clean things up and let the phone shine :)

Upvote 0
After 24 hours with ADW.Launcher and 24 hours with LauncherPro, I've gotta say LauncherPro is the better pick by a long way.

Much faster, no crashes (compared to at least 3 FCs I can remember under ADW) and the animations can be sped up without going all jerky.

I dont mind the default TouchWiz setup though, its pretty stylish.

Upvote 0
...I dont mind the default TouchWiz setup though, its pretty stylish.

NOTE: Don't have the phone yet for personal experience.

But on my current old phone, I certainly needed a custom launcher. So having had that, I definitely am used to having a very personalized screen.

I have been impressed with the various videos I've seen of Touchwiz 3.0. But none have had screens as I would set mine up.

My question is: if a person installs one of the custom UIs does it take away any of the standard UI features? I don't want to cripple or disable that, but enhance the customizability.

Maybe I wouldn't need a custom launcher based on what I said. I'm anxious to get a new phone. If it ever comes available :p

Upvote 0
Aftyer installing LP many of my shortcuts, widgets and programs were not visible on my Galaxy S at all. Normal or some setting, and why? Thanks

Normal behaviour, if you change to a new home launcher you need to reconfigure the screens (widgets, etc.).

Because each launcher stores its settings in it's own /data/ folder, these settings are not shared between launchers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones