Galaxy S2 completely dead!! Won't charge!Support

Last Updated:

1. Pandagal

Pandagal New Member

Hi guys,

For the last few months I've had issues with charging my s2. I have had to hold the charger in a specific spot for it to charge in the past and recently I've been getting the 'voltage too high charging paused' pop up a lot more often. A few days ago it was also charging only when I had the phone turned off and even then it would take around 24 hours for it to charge or it wouldn't charge at all. And recently my phone stopped charging at all!! I've tried cleaning the micro USB port to no success. I've also dropped the phone a few times in the past. Is my phone completely dead forever? Do I need to replace the micro USB port? Any help is much appreciated!! Thank you

2. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Well-Known Member

As a first step, try to charge it via USB port of PC / Laptop.

If it still does not charge, your battery may be dead.

If battery is still good (you need to check with some other phone) then there is problem either in the USB port of the phone or motherboard.
  3. mrcrumley

mrcrumley New Member

My sgs2 stopped charging one night and displayed the high voltage message and it seemed to be due to the USB port being corroded. I did buy a new one off of eBay for about
  4. geoffibs

geoffibs Well-Known Member

If you can borrow a battery and check your phone is still ok other than the charging issue, you could buy a desktop charger - the type you put you put the battery in.

Here's one on special for