• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 connectivity

JSilver1

Lurker
Feb 5, 2012
Firstly I'd like to apologise if anything like this has been posted before but I've looked around a bit and I can't see anything.

Last night I opened the camera on my Galaxy S2 (white if it's relevant) and got the camera failed message. In some respects I feel pretty lucky because every time I've opened the camera subsequently it works perfectly and takes and stores photos exactly as it would normally, which I see is not the case for some people. I assumed therefore that the message was a one time thing and just ignored it. However I just tried to put the photos I took onto my computer via the phone's USB cable and then accessing the DCIM folder and Camera. I can access the DCIM folder but as soon as i try to open the "camera" folder the phone disconnects from the computer. I'm not great with technology but I've tried the classic restart the phone, I've tried to import the photos directly through the options that come up on the screen and I've tried to copy the entirety of the Camera folder but all of these just result in the phone disconnecting itself from the computer.

Can anyone think of a solution to this, I've thought about simply emailing the photos to myself from the phone or something of that ilk but I don't have WiFi here and have a limited amount of data so it's not ideal. Also I've only just received my phone back from a previous repair and so I'd rather not send it off again because I've been paying for this phone for 4 months now and have been able to use it for about 1.

Hello and welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your problem. I would have moved your thread to the correct sub-forum for the Samsung Galaxy S2, but I couldn't figure out which model you have.

There a few carriers who have the Samsung Galaxy S2 - So I have linked all varients of your phone.
Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums - (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums - (T-mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums - (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums - (International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums.

Choose your carrier from the list.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones