• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 Flash to Boost Mobile

AngryCow

May 17, 2012
I've been searching for several hours about flashing to boost but have been unable to find any tutorials on flashing a sprint samsung galaxy s2 to boost mobile.

I've have a boost account and am currently using a Samsung Prevail which I intend to use as the donor phone.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 has was been rooted and flashed to boost for the previous owner but it stopped working for him, I believe he had it flashed from a craigslist guy and the donor was used twice?

Anyway, I've been reading several tutorials and videos about flashing but most of them are for the evo or epic, none for the s2. I'm sure the process is similar and I've downloaded CDMA, QPST, QXDM, DFS, and hexedit. I used connectbot to get the MSL/SPC codes for the Donor phone but the S2 reads 000000.

I'm about ready to just do one of those ebay remote flashes but am scared I'll have the same problem with them using the donor twice and the phone would be shut off it the next few weeks or months. :(

If anybody who's done this before could give me a hand or point me towards the right direction it would be greatly appricated. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones