1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Galaxy S2 i777 keeps restarting

1. siman4457

siman4457 New Member

Hello,
    My galaxy S2 i777 has been working fine for the last year and a half. Starting a few days ago, it keeps restarting when i press the power button or at any random time. Although, it doesn't happen every time i press the power button. It is rooted and has been for almost a year. The problem started when the phone was on gingerbread. Just yesterday i installed Jellybean 4.1.1. The problem was solved... until 4:30 today. It was great while it lasted. But the problem got even worse! It restarts a lot more often and this is irritating me so much that I'm tempted to smash the phone with a hammer. I also noticed that this problem started again when it was on low battery. Please help me!
    BTW im a little new to this stuff so please try to dumb it down for me. :(

Advertisement
  2. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

How many months have you been using your current battery
    siman4457 likes this.
  3. siman4457

siman4457 New Member

I've had it ever since i got the phone. Earlier today i discovered that the problem went away once i took out the sd card. Does this mean there is a virus on it? If so, can i just buy a new sd card and transfer everything onto there?
  4. sulli064

sulli064 Member

I have been having the exact same problem with my i777 on AT&T. I tried rooting the phone to access the keystr and mps_code files because I heard thos can cause this, but no ony was that not the problem, the root has killed my data and wifi. I used Entropy512s method because it was supposed to work, but it didn't. My phone went from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4 and from uckk6 to uckh7 via the root. I'm about to try to reverse the root to at least get the data and wifi functionality back as I now believe it's probably a hardware issue.
  5. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

You can try formatting your SD card.
    Plug your phone into your computer and copy & paste everything from your sd card to your computer. Then, format it on your phone from Settings -> Storage -> Scroll to the bottom and choose "format SD card" under your external sdCard.

Then just re-copy and paste your files from your computer to your card again and see if that fixes the problem.

If you have any more questions or comments, visit the Galaxy S2 i777 forum!
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-t/
  6. sulli064

sulli064 Member

I fixed it!

Formatting the SD card didn't work, but thanks for the tip. :)

I took the phone apart using the following guide.

How to Disassemble Samsung Galaxy i777 - Durapower Global

After taking the circuit board off, I noticed that there was a small green piece of plastic that looked like it was in the wrong place. I moved it back over to where I thought it should be covering up some small pieces of metal. I also squeezed the power switch/circuit board between my fingers in case there was a small disconnect in the soldering there.

After putting the phone back together, the power button now works perfectly! Good luck to anyone trying to fix theirs.
  7. Sudeep Hada

Sudeep Hada New Member

I am having same problem of restarting again and again in i777. Please suggest how to resolve it.