1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Galaxy S2 ICS headset not getting disconnectedSupport

1. sky3

sky3 New Member

I have Samsung galaxy S2 and recently upgraded to ICS through Kies. The phone was working fine till date but today I saw a strange behavior after I have given a restart. I can talk on the phone only through headset and not able to talk if I remove the headset. What I noticed is that the phone thinks that the headset is connected even though it is physically removed. Is this some software or setting issue or simply a hardware fault? please help

Advertisement
  2. imedo

imedo Well-Known Member

did you have this problem before upgrading to ICS ?
  3. sky3

sky3 New Member

Thanks.

No I did not. After update to ICS it was working fine for couple of weeks. But today when I gave a restart it started behaving like this.
  4. imedo

imedo Well-Known Member

are you running a custom Rom ?
    sky3 likes this.
  5. sky3

sky3 New Member

Well I am not sure about that. I have upgraded through official Samsung firmware release for my country. Couple of observations when the headset is removed:

FM radio does not show any warning that the headset is not connected
    I can turn the radio on
    I can scan frequencies though I only hear noise
  6. sky3

sky3 New Member

Took the phone to service center ankh got the headset jack replaced. Phone is working fine now.
    The guys there told me that the jack was damaged because of use of poor quality headsets. I only use original headset provided by Samsung! So not sure if he was suggesting I should go for better headset ;-) anyway thank you to all those who tried to help me