• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy s2 messaging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish001

Lurker
Feb 15, 2012
I have galaxy s2 (i9100LKAINU)
i have problems with receiving and sending messages when data network mode is switched on..
when the data network mode is switched on:
1.i do not get the messages that anyone has sent me
2.the messages which i send do ot get delivered
but as soon as i switch off the data network mode..the above two happen..
please provide a solution ..:thinking:
p.s. i have given it to the service centre many times but in vain! and the software was also upgraded recently..nothing has been fixed!!:mad:

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining.

I know a lot of people have had a similar problem to you... I think it is something about the way that network providers handle priorities of data/calls. Other people have complained that they have not been receiving calls when 3G data is enabled and I think that the explination I have seen has been that some networks give priority to the data connection, as older phones used to loose the web page when a call connected... perhaps I am wrong in what I remember, I am not sure.

Your best bet would probably be for you to discuss your issue with other users of the same phone, to see if they have had the same issue/can offer a solution - Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums

Hope you manage to get your issue sorted!!

Upvote 0
I have galaxy s2 (i9100LKAINU)
i have problems with receiving and sending messages when data network mode is switched on..
when the data network mode is switched on:
1.i do not get the messages that anyone has sent me
2.the messages which i send do ot get delivered
but as soon as i switch off the data network mode..the above two happen..
please provide a solution ..:thinking:
p.s. i have given it to the service centre many times but in vain! and the software was also upgraded recently..nothing has been fixed!!:mad:

I guess service centre guys have re installed the operating system. If the problem is still unresolved then i suspect there is a problem with the hardware of your phone.

I have galaxy s2. the front camera stopped working, the service centre people reinstalled the OS but the problem wasnt resolved. So ultimately they changed the mother board itself. Now everything is fine. I hope your issue gets resolved soon. :)

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining.

I know a lot of people have had a similar problem to you... I think it is something about the way that network providers handle priorities of data/calls. Other people have complained that they have not been receiving calls when 3G data is enabled and I think that the explination I have seen has been that some networks give priority to the data connection, as older phones used to loose the web page when a call connected... perhaps I am wrong in what I remember, I am not sure.

Your best bet would probably be for you to discuss your issue with other users of the same phone, to see if they have had the same issue/can offer a solution - Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums

Hope you manage to get your issue sorted!!

yea but other lower models such as galaxy fit(vodafone, mine) n S(airtel) are getting their mesages..but why not a higher model such as S2?!?:(

Upvote 0
I guess service centre guys have re installed the operating system. If the problem is still unresolved then i suspect there is a problem with the hardware of your phone.

I have galaxy s2. the front camera stopped working, the service centre people reinstalled the OS but the problem wasnt resolved. So ultimately they changed the mother board itself. Now everything is fine. I hope your issue gets resolved soon. :)

they told me that they upgraded the software!
n mesaging, data network?! associated with hardware? :/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones