Galaxy S2 Not going into recovery modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. arsalrulez

arsalrulez New Member

Hi All
    <> I need help on my Galaxy S2 Booting.
    <> I m unable to go into recovery mode and my phone is not bootin up since morning
    <> it stucks on initial screen of Galaxy S2 and stays there
    I Can go into the download screen (Volume Down + Power + Main button) but not going into the recovery mode
    <> can any one help? What is the best solution now and what can i do most ??
    Regards

Advertisement
  2. seanyt66

seanyt66 Active Member

Hi Arsalrulez

to boot into recovery it is volume up + power + main button

Sean
  3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Firstly, it can sometimes be a little cumbersome entering upload/download mode.
    Make sure you press vol-up+home+power in that order and keep pressed until you see the recovery screen come up. If its still sticking on the initial Samsung logo, then you have a problem

If so, try a soft and hard reset

If that doesnt cure it, then boot into download mode and try an Odin flash of a kernel .tar (or .tar.md5) file that is compatible with your current ROM

If that still fails, then you will need to flash your current firmware from sammobile.com or live.samsung-updates.com via download mode+Odin
  4. arsalrulez

arsalrulez New Member

Dear I'm unable to go into recovery mode by using this method............
  5. dude0101

dude0101 New Member

same problems here.. only battery logo is shown. cannot go to recovery mode, only to download mode.

help appreciated..
  6. britfaag

britfaag Member

I am having EXACTLY the same problem, has anyone ever suggested a fix for this? I know this is an old thread but as a long shot, did OP get this fixed?
  7. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Best Answer
    If you are unable to enter Recovery mode whatsoever but can get into Download mode you will need to download and flash, via Odin, the stock Samsung firmware for your phone's model version and CSC code by following the instructions in #1.7 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide.
    Anadyr likes this.
  8. TyRouteTutor

TyRouteTutor New Member

Client did an update to Jellybean and a few days later phone was stuck in a boot loop. Had trouble launching into recovery mode as SIIX has no home hard key. We did a battery pull then volume down +volume up + power. Release power after 1st Samsung logo and keep holding volume up/down.

After successful launch of recovery mode we did a wipe/reset that had no effect. We repeated the steps and this time chose 'wipe cache partition'. After it wiped we pulled battery and rebooted normally and it went through what appears to be an 'update' process and booted normal and is now fixed.

This user was lucky and had a back-up file so info could be restored! Hope this helps!

@TyRouteTutor
  9. Anadyr

Anadyr New Member

@ironass, thank you very much! I rooted my S2 year ago, and when I buy a new phone, I gave mine to my GF. She was trying to restor it to factory settings and phone stucked in boot loop, didnt start, couldnt go into recovery mode, i could only go into ODIN mode. I did what you wrote and it works. Thanks
    @TyRouteTutor : didnt work for me