• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 Official Update rolling out KE7

ok ok ok.
what does KE7 actually change?? im on KE1 lool. joke is its running fine but improvements wont hurt :p
No one knows exactly what it changes. Samsung does not release change notes. It's simply speculation and opinion from users as to what it changes. I'm running KE4 and have no complaints. Battery life (for me) is superb.

Upvote 0
hehe keep me update if you do it :)

lol. hey mate i done it done. flashed the KE7 and it works fine. battery fix... dont really know because i havent tested it yet. RAM improvement is VERY GOOD. boot up time is very quick :D. seems a little more responsive. i might flash a custom rom over at xda, supposed to be super stable and quick :p

Upvote 0
Extending on your previous comment I would also like to know if there are any issues with installing a generic UK rom when the phone is currently using a carrier specific on (in my case O2).
Will everything work the same simply without the branding?

Mine is Polish model. I flashed the euro ke7 firmware and it works perfectly.
Using in Canada.

Upvote 0
I have an orange branded galaxy s2 model number GT-I9100, baseband version I9100bvkj4, kernel version 2.6.35.7-I9100BVKJ4-CL681297root@dell135 #2, bulid number gingerbread.bvkj4.
i love the phone im just shocked by how much it needs to be rechaged twice daily sometimes also the gps is poor. i have heard that updating it to ke7 has helped increase battery life and problems with the camera. I have visited samsung website and it say's ke7 is available for download via kies but when i open kies its says my firmware is upto date using PDA:KJ4/PHONE:KJ$/CSC;KJ4(ORA). can anyone help me find out how to update to ke7 and give me some instructions on how to go about installing it. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: shorty871
Upvote 0
Any of the firmware from that link will work fine it doesn't matter that they are from Europe as its all pretty much the same. It will debrand your phone from orange though but that's a very small price to pay to get the most up to date firmware.

However if you do want to stay on orange branded you can find firmware from here
SamMobile Firmware Page

Just go for the most recent orange UK you can find.

Reactions: shorty871
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones