Galaxy S2 problems.Support

1. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

I bought the Galaxy S2 a couple of days ago and on the whole I love it. There are just a couple off things that are bugging me.

1. The internet seems to be working fine and is very quick but for some reason it won't buffer alot of the videos. Which is kind of strange as my less powerful Galaxy S could run videos way ahead of the buffer.

2. The phone is powerful enough to run any website yet I keep getting transfered to mobile versions of the site with no option to go to the full version.

If anyone knows any solutions to these problems I would be grateful.

Advertisement
    :
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

In the browser, type "about:useragent" (without the quotes) into the address bar and go. There you can select what the browser identifies itself to to websites. Select the desktop option and you ought to always go to the full website and not the mobile one.
  3. Shotgun84

Thanks brykins, worked like a charm.
  4. fatbrown

fatbrown Member

Has anybody worked out how to permanently change the useragent setting mine keeps defaulting back to custom?
  5. Shotgun84

Is there a way to permanently set this as it keeps going back to original settings?
  6. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member

Use a different browser like dolphin HD, you can change it in the settings then.
    Shotgun84 likes this.
  7. dandonnelly

dandonnelly Member

There is a thread about this very problem found here:

Permanent Change to UAstring

I don't like the solution of "use a different browser", I like the default browser the most :)

[​IMG]

Dan D​
  8. Shotgun84

Thanks. It's sorted the problem out. It even sped the buffer up a little, although it's still quite slow.
  9. B1uEshad0w

B1uEshad0w New Member

hi there i've recently started to notice when i press the home out of an application it goes straight to the Voice Talk, i know you have to press the middle home key twice.does become very frustrating as i have to clear memory to close the applications to save battery. Also whilst texting the send button doesn't always appear and i have to tap the text to get it up does anyone know if there and update to fix these problems or may i be the only sound the in Galaxy having this problem :(
  10. glorifiedsins

glorifiedsins Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed it lags when attempting to change the tilt. Going from a horizontal keyboard to a vertical one.
  11. truelove422

truelove422 New Member

i too have a problem with mine.sometimes after i've downlaoded some apps, i can't stop a call. eg like after i make a call, i won't be able to cancel/hung up on it. :( this happens with quite a number of applications, my friend has those applications and are working fine. i need to uninstall then only i will be able to make calls n hung up.
    anybody know why is this so? sad coz i just bought it not long ago...
  12. kiber

kiber New Member

Good day.

My s2 has problems. It is frozen (screen). When display going dark i can't use it. I call from another phone to S2. Call is going but there is nothing on S2. I can't turn off. At the end I take off battery and put again. then it work. It has been many times such problem. What is it? It it defect? What can I do?

P.S. Sorry for my English