• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 revovery mode

chuckd1991

Lurker
Aug 21, 2011
I want to put my S2 (AT&T) into recovery mode for rooting purposes. Everything I've read said to hold down the volume down, power and home buttons at the same time. However, there isn't a physical home button, just the touch sensitive one. Is there still a way to enter recovery or download mode?

I want to put my S2 (AT&T) into recovery mode for rooting purposes. Everything I've read said to hold down the volume down, power and home buttons at the same time. However, there isn't a physical home button, just the touch sensitive one. Is there still a way to enter recovery or download mode?

Recovery mode: with the phone off, press and hole vol+, vol-, and power at the same time. When the initial boot screen is displayed a second time, release the buttons.

Download mode: plug the USB cable into your computer (only), with the phone off, press and hold vol+ and vol- (not power) and plug the USB cable in to the phone.

Upvote 0
Recovery mode: with the phone off, press and hole vol+, vol-, and power at the same time. When the initial boot screen is displayed a second time, release the buttons.

Quick correction ... when the boot screen flashes, release only the power button but keep holding the volume buttons until it boots into recovery.

Download mode: plug the USB cable into your computer (only), with the phone off, press and hold vol+ and vol- (not power) and plug the USB cable in to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones