Galaxy s2 skyrocket keeps shutting off randomly then starts to vibrateSupport

Last Updated:

1. D63

D63 New Member

I've had this phone for 6 months and have loved it with no problems. But last night my phone turned off and started vibrating and I couldn't get it back on. After about an hOur or so it turned back on but now every two minutes or so it turns off and starts vibratIng again. Anyone have a solution to this problem? It's very very annoying. I went to the AT&T store ad was told if the problem persists that I could get a new since its still under warranty. I would like to know a solution to this problem just in case it happens again with my replacement galaxy s2 skyrocket.

2. NML

NML New Member

The same thing happened to me while on vacation. I was heavily taxing the phone's battery (GPS, Navigation, Sirius/XM, Wi-Fi hotspot) and was trying to keep up with the demand using a 12V car charger. At the same time, I was experiencing the false battery reading issue. The phone battery went dead, then the phone starting vibrating like it was having seizures.

I had neglected to bring my charger and bought a basic USB micro cord without the data pin, unbeknownst to me. I thought the "universal" in USB meant universal. Anyway, I borrowed the charger cord on my husband's Motorola Atrix 2, fully charged the phone, and the problem was solved.

Your USB charge cord may have a bad pin. I was able to purchase 6 OEM data cords on eBay for under $10. Give a new cord and a full charge a try. At any rate, my money's on a power issue.
    D63 likes this.
  3. D63

D63 New Member

Hmm I'll have to try that. A while ago I lost the charger that came with my phone so I've been using a universal one. Which resulted in the false battery indication as well but would just reboot my phone and would fix the problem. My roommate has the same phone as me so I'm currently using his charger and seeing if that will fix the problem. Thank you so much for your help.
  4. Skyrocket1397

Skyrocket1397 New Member

Hello, I have an issue on my at&t skyrocket, it turns off every time i use it, and it starts vibrating each 2 seconds, sometimes when it turns off, it turns on the camera flash for some seconds, I tried by formatting the Phone and installed paranoid Android rom, but it still turns of, please help me.
  5. millzz

millzz Member

I'm having the same issue. My phones out of warranty, and it's already survived a toilet drop so its definitely unwarrantyable :D. It's driving me nuts and I can't afford a new phone just yet :(