• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Questions

AirMoore

Lurker
Mar 16, 2012
New to the forums and just have a couple questions about Pico TTS on my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:

1) How can I write a text message using only the voice option? On my home page I can click on the microphone, and type out a text, but the problem here is I cannot tell it WHO to go to?

I see online people saying: "Send message to (insert name): I want to meet tonight for dinner." And it will auto fill the name of their contact into the "to" section and the content in with the actual message.

My phone simply puts the contact name in with the message, and I have to manually tell the phone who to send it to separately.

2) How can I use Pico TTS (the preloaded system on the phone) to read my texts aloud to me in "driving mode"? When I set it to driving mode my phone will only tell me the person who the text is from, but will NOT read the message (even though I have selected read sender and content). Whats the deal here?

Thanks in advance. PS: I did snoop around/search a bit before registering and posting but i didn't find any real solutions other than buy 3rd party apps from the app store, which my phone should be able to do by itself?

Thanks again!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones