Galaxy S2 SMS notification sound will not stopSupport

Last Updated:

1. mcs

mcs New Member

Dear all,
    I hope someone can help me. When I get an SMS my phone constantly rings. I cannot switch it off unless I power down the phone. I am using the native android messaging service. Thank god I am not getting too many SMS :)
    Does not help if I read the message. I also witched off notifications, but that does not stop getting the notification tone either.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

MCS

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums mcs! :)

Are you using a stock Samsung notification tone or a custom alert tone, say, a song?
  3. mcs

mcs New Member

Hi,
    Thank you for the nice welcome!!!
    I am using a stock notification tone.
    cheers
    mcs
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

It may be worth clearing cache/data for Messaging
  5. mcs

mcs New Member

Hi
    thanks for trying to help I am not quite sure how to do this but I have reset messaging and deleted all messages.
    Did not help. It is also is unaffected by the ring tone, it is always the same ring.
    Any more ideas?
    Cheers

mcs
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

If you are running ICS, (although it is similar for Gingerbread)...

Settings > Applications > All > Messaging > select the Clear data and Clear cache buttons and reboot you phone.
  7. victag

victag New Member

I have this issue on my Galaxy Nexus, but only with custom song ringtoness...still drives me crazy.
  8. Thaigerpinoy

Thaigerpinoy Member

I had the same issue. I discovered that the default notification tone in settings sounds had gone blank. Chose a notification tone and it should solve the prob :)
    In the same time, check that all sounds (ringtone/notification etc.) are ok!