Galaxy S2 stuck on welcome screenSupport

1. kevpocon

kevpocon New Member

I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S2 to the latest firmware yesterday and last night my phone froze on the welcome screen, the one with the S. I've restarted it several times but it goes no further. Now it is turning on automatically when the battery is in and staying on the screen. Can anyone offer a solution to this. Thanks very much for any help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

a solution i read on some threads was to take out the battery for a while. see if that works. also, can you go into recovery mode? (which is to press and hold volume-up + home + power button on a turned off unit)
  3. abcmissme

abcmissme Member

Doesn't work! :(
  4. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

What if you hold just the power button for like A MINUTE (it seems like) and it will finally vibrate then boot up.
    I could be wrong. It just seems like I've been in the same situation and it worked. But maybe not.
  5. abcmissme

abcmissme Member

Sadly no... never worked :( I'm sending it to the service care centre tomorrow.
  6. Babygurl198812

Babygurl198812 New Member

My Samsung Galaxy s2 has done exactly the same.. except it keeps switching from the screen with the S to T-mobile Welcome Screen then back to the Samsung Screen.. i could actually cry! lol. DId u manage to get yours fixed and did u lose all your data in the process??? :( i dont want to lose my pictures :( xxx
  7. raf75

raf75 New Member

Snap mine's done the same yesterday!!

Took it to the service centre today, lady comfirmed i will be loosing all my data when they reflash it, which should hopefully fix it.
  8. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, does this happen when updating to ICS, as opposed to 2.3.6 from 2.3.5?
  9. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the bootloop issue, then the answer is no, the update to ICS (if using KIES) should be the same as any other previous and progressive updates of Gingerbread.
  10. raf75

raf75 New Member

Well the bad news is that the athurized repair centre can't do anything. They say it's def not a software issue. It's now gone off to O2. Got a feeling i may get a new phone back, just have to wait n see. Mine was running the O2 ICS update without any problems
  11. raf75

raf75 New Member

Got my phone back last week, and O2 repair have replaced the main board.

Working alot faster now :)
  12. sameer sharma

sameer sharma New Member

Can u tell me how much time is required to replace the Printed Circuit Board(PCB) of Samsung Galaxy S2 ...and what's the waiting time to get the delivery of the phone ..coz i also faced the problem with my GS2 a week ago and it's been a week till now still not received the phone from service center.........and they updated my delivery status after installing a PCB ........ a phone require overwrite...does it require a overwrite or not?.......... and if require how much time it takes.....This problem all happens only when I was updating my phone to official jellybean update and while rebooting the phone stucked on Welcome Screen the one with(SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 GT-I9100G)........Pls.HELP !!!!...The Service Centre also took a time of 3-4 days to get the part from it's office....