Galaxy s2 turns offSupport

Last Updated: 2013-03-01 13:00:02
  1. cooper1973

cooper1973 Member

I have Samsung galaxy s2 and every so often it will turn it self off its on ics 4.0.3 does anyone else have same prob?

Advertisement
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Wedge a piece of paper under the battery to force it up onto the contacts more securely
  3. cooper1973

cooper1973 Member

Ok will try that i thought maybe it was software issue.
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

It could well be, but lets try the simple things first and take it from there.
  5. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I get this once in awhile as well and it has always been a bad app that I installed. Google Chrome does it to my phone and Touch pal keyboard will do it once in awhile. Does this happen when you using an app or when the phone is in sleep mode ?
  6. cooper1973

cooper1973 Member

My does it when in sleep. It can be a pain in butt as you go too use it too find it has switched its self off and how long its been off for u don't no. There is no warning either
  7. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

mmm did putting paper under your battery work? Are you rooted ?
  8. cooper1973

cooper1973 Member

Well tried paper under battery and 2 times it randomly turned off yesterday so no didn't work and no phone is not rooted.
  9. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

do you have an external sd card?
    try taking it out and see if it still reboots.

also, do you move apps from the default location into internal/external sd card? I've seen people who do this get this problem in the past. I never move apps. I just let them install to wherever the are intended to go and leave them there.
  10. cooper1973

cooper1973 Member

No i don't move apps leave them where they are its like a pc move apps or system files you get errors. I do have external sd card so will try taking it out. Or maybe uninstall apps
  11. drico19

drico19 New Member

I have the same problem. I must remove the replace the battery to get the phone to turn on. Some times it will be several day in between but it has shutdown 4 times in the last two days.
  12. cooper1973

cooper1973 Member

Mine seem too of stopped doin it when I went to jb