galaxy S2 v Iphone 5

1. Gojipoj

Gojipoj Member

Hi there,

I just upgraded my IPhone 4 to Galaxy S2, I'm wondering if I made the right choice, I'm happy with it so far, I was told it is the best smart phone out there. I will have to wait till the IPhone 5 comes out than compare. But happy with my upgrade and getting used to the phone quickly.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums.

That's the problem with technology ... as soon as you by the latest and greatest, there's something greater coming later. The SG2 is a very nice phone.
    Gojipoj likes this.
  3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Well-Known Member

Here is a point that lunatic59 means NEW SG SIII on the rise .....

Resource GSMArena reports that from an unnamed source they became aware of the forthcoming device, Samsung Galaxy S III. The source noted that he did not hold the device in their hands, because it is still under development, but has seen photos and he is aware of the specifications of this device.

[​IMG]

The Samsung is prepared Galaxy S III
    concepts "/ mobile"

Resource GSMArena reports that from an unnamed source they became aware of the forthcoming device, Samsung Galaxy S III. The source noted that he did not hold the device in their hands, because it is still under development, but has seen photos and he is aware of the specifications of this device.

According to him in the Galaxy S III will be installed quad processor with a clock speed of 2.0GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory for user data, an expansion slot, the display Super AMOLED III 4.65 inches diagonal, with a resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and a pixel density 352 PPI , a camera with a resolution of 10 megapiseley able to record HD-video with 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second, NFC chip and the battery capacity 2250mAch, and all this "farm" will pack into the housing thickness 9mm.

Communicator will run on Android Ice Cream Sandwich with TouchWiz interface 5, it is expected to announce at MWC 2012, and the emergence of the market in mid-2012.
  4. Gojipoj

Gojipoj Member

We'll as Lunatic59 said, there is no way that we are going have the updated phone, I hope that the Galaxy S2 meets up to it's reputation, I never ever had a problem with the IPhone3s or 4. Hopefully I made the right choice.
  5. Gojipoj

Gojipoj Member

How do I get my IMAC to display my phone on the desktop.

Before I upgraded the software to 2.3.5 it used to display the Icon on the desktop.

Now it ask me to repair it and it's greyed out in Disk utilities???

Any assistance to get back to transferring photos and music etc etc will be appreciated.

How long does it take for the Disk utility to check anyways, it seems to take a long time to check my galaxy S2.

It's saying Disk Error: Disk Utility can
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hi Gojipoj!

I have seen that you have actually posted the same question in the Galaxy S forum, which is great - other users are always the best to help... not everyone looks in the Introductions section, so you may not get an answer in here.

I don't have any experience with your phone (or with Macs), but know that quite a few people have issues with Samsung's Keis software... perhaps you could try using MyPhoneExplorer (this is the version that goes on your phone). You would also need to download the version to go on your Mac - this would let you sync your phone with your computer.

I hope that helps a little!
  7. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello,

Here's the links to the sub-forum for the Galaxy S2. Hopefully, someone can help you with your question.

Thanks for joining the ranks of Androiders. Welcome aboard AF. There are a few carriers who have this device. Here's the link for each carriers phone model. You can then join your device's area of discussion where other users will give you help on getting the most out of your device.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums

I hope you find the forum informative and prove to be helpful to you! Enjoy your time here. Happy Holidays. ;)
  8. Gojipoj

Gojipoj Member

Thanks to every one who helped with the problem. I have sorted it out now. However My IMac (Preview) now does not recognize my jpg from my Samsung galaxy s2, when i connect via USB. It says file may be damaged or preview does not recognize file format.