1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy S2 vs Galaxy S2 4GGeneral

1. nimr0d82

nimr0d82 Well-Known Member

I got the S2 4G because I wanted something that would run GTA Vice City. The Galaxy S2 is compatible but apparently my S2 4G isn't. I assumed it was the same thing with 4G tagged on, but I guess I was wrong. Are there big differences between the two?

Advertisement
    :
  2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

No but unfortunately the developers have coded in the names of the supported devices, your phone is just a re branded Sprint Epic 4G Touch, same as the Evo V is just a Sprint Evo 3d. Even though the hardware is the same the devices don't identify themselves as a supported model and the game refuses to run. Your phone is actually better than all the other gs2's because of a larger battery and larger screen without pentile. You can contact the developers and see if they'll support the renamed phone or ask around in the ATR sub forum about some build prop edits that might get around the restrictions. Good luck :D
    nimr0d82 likes this.
  3. nimr0d82

nimr0d82 Well-Known Member

Good to know. I messaged the Support team at Rockstar about this issue. I'll let ya know if they decide to allow it. I couldn't possibly be the only one that would wanna play Vice City here.