• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 Water Damage - Internal SD Card Recovery?

ipwnj00x

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Sooo long story short I was stupid enough to let my Galaxy S2 be dropped into a pool last night. I was even more stupid to think that one night of overnight rice-drying would fix it and attempted to start it the following morning. The phone's screen violently displayed various colors and then it shut off. It's now stuck in a boot loop and if anything shows up for even a second on the screen, it's always random colors and then it'll shut off again.

I've really lost all hope for the phone and have given up on trying to fix it. I do not have insurance on it so I'm even more screwed. Currently temporarily using a crappy LG phone until I can grab another(hopefully better) phone.

My question is: Is there ANY sort of way I can recover my internal SD storage data? I was an idiot and didn't back up any of the photos or text messages which is what I am mainly concerned about. I was thinking perhaps I could open up the phone's hardware and extract the internal SD card? Would this be possible? Or is there some magical software solution I can utilize to retrieve the data even though my phone will literally not start up in normal or recovery mode?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones