• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy s2 wifi issues

afy

Lurker
Mar 17, 2012
Please Help !! I have had a samsung galaxy s2 for a few months now and it has always connected to my home wifi totally fine but the last week or so anytime I try to connect to my wifi it will find the device but when I type my password in the "connect" button is grey and will not allow me to select :( ...i can connect wifi at work so ruled out the phone and i can connect other mobiles/laptops to my home wifi so though that ruled out my router too! Would be veryyyy greatful if someone could help me :( x

Welcome to the forums!

Surprisingly, your home router is not ruled out yet. I've seen this sort of thing myself, and I (and many others) find that a quick reset of the home router solves the problem.

Don't know why, but something tends to get tangled that way, and the reset usually fixes it.

If that fails, long-press the network name on your phone, select Forget, and then re-acquire.

And if that fails, get Wifi Analyzer, free in the Market/Play, and see if you are sharing a channel with a neighbor. That can confuse things, and if you have that, selecting a free/open channel will likely improve your other home network operations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones