• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s2 won't boot

So i have a Samsung Galaxy S2 4g, on tmobile.
This isn't my phone, it stopped working properly, so my dad got a new one, now i am trying to fix the old one so i can use it.

(bare with me, and please be specific, I've never owned a smartphone)

So here is the problem: turn the phone on and it powers on no problem. However it only makes it to the load screen, the load bar goes all the way to the end then nothing happens. At this point I can't even turn it off. If i hold the power button it will turn off, but after i release the power button, a moment later it will turn itself back on. The only way to power it down is to remove the battery. We got a new battery which didn't really change anything, it appears to be charged, but if i plug the phone in to charge it nothing happens. I was also able to factory reset the phone (volume up, volume down, power... takes you to the command screen) but that also didn't do anything.

I'm beginning to accept that it is hardware problem (the phone may have gotten some moisture in it some how) but seeing as it does power on i am hopeful.

Is there anything else I can try to potentially fix it??

As far as i know there were no custom ROMs installed or any flashing. Considering the user, it is unlikely.
However, would there be anything i could do to perhaps undo either of these errors? I'd be willing to try anything. If the phone is cooked it doesn't really mater anyway, right?

Also there is no memory card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones