Support galaxy s3 4.1.2 keyboard problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigf, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bigf

bigf New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Hey everyone. ..
    I have updated(OTA) my galaxy s3 to the latest version 4.1.2 (baseband xxellb)
    Everything runs smoothly but I am facing a problem with the keyboard in landscape mode, when I hold a button to display the numbers, the popup that appears is missing the numbers and only shows empty squares...
    This problem is not present in portrait mode.
    I did a full reset and I have tried clearing the data for the Samsung keyboard but that didn't fix it.
    I have attached a picture to this thread for demonstration.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. gaurugurjar

gaurugurjar New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I am also facing the same problem.... why no one replying on this issue as it is serious one

3. BHalbrooks

BHalbrooks Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Massachusetts
    Why are you using stock keyboard? **** that shit. Once I got the Phone I started looking for a better keyboard. Swiftkey all the way.

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    VIP Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Gotta agree ^^ not with Swiftkey but with trying other keyboards from play store and finding one that suits you.
    Same with all the important stock apps :thumbup:
    Sorry this doesnt solve your problem op. I dont use the stock keyboard or even type in landscape mode but i dont remember ever reading about this problem :thumbup:

5. iPredator

iPredator Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Mi, US
    I havent seen anyone posting about this maybe someone can help with this but i agree find find a better keyboard the stock keyboard is junk i used swiftkey for awhile

6. gaurugurjar

gaurugurjar New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    anyone having the same problem???
    I wanna just check whether this problem is only confined to my device or its universal problem like software problem...

7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    VIP Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Seems pretty isolated mate tbh

8. gaurugurjar

gaurugurjar New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I use stock keyboard because when using multi window feature only stock keyboard helps

9. IzzyStorm

IzzyStorm Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Minnesota
    I, too, am having some problems with keyboard. It only happens if I type in a portrait (I hate landscape) mode. Whenever I made typos, I tried to hit backspace but it always typed "L" button instead. It became frustrating to a point I gave up and switched to another keyboard. I don't know whether it's a faulty Samsung keyboard or not.

10. stephen65

stephen65 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I just got a Galaxy S3 last night and when I got it home the keyboard was one of the issues that popped up immediately.

The display phone in the Verizon store had a much larger and easier to use keyboard. That was one of the key issues why I chose the S3 over the Razr Maxx HD. Get the phone activated and get it home and I noticed the keyboard was totally different. Would a jellybean update have changed the way the keyboard looked?

I also don't like the word suggestions along the top of the keyboard. Is there a way to disable that? That should free up some room and make the keys bigger if you can.

Otherwise I'll have to look for a keyboard app I guess.

11. philayl

philayl Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Wirral, Merseyside, England
    Good advice regarding the SwiftKey keyboard, why struggle with an inferior keyboard when there are better one's out there? Phil