galaxy s3 4.1.2 keyboard problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. bigf

bigf New Member

Hey everyone. ..
    I have updated(OTA) my galaxy s3 to the latest version 4.1.2 (baseband xxellb)
    Everything runs smoothly but I am facing a problem with the keyboard in landscape mode, when I hold a button to display the numbers, the popup that appears is missing the numbers and only shows empty squares...
    This problem is not present in portrait mode.
    I did a full reset and I have tried clearing the data for the Samsung keyboard but that didn't fix it.
    I have attached a picture to this thread for demonstration.

Thanks in advance.

2. gaurugurjar

gaurugurjar New Member

I am also facing the same problem.... why no one replying on this issue as it is serious one
  3. BHalbrooks

BHalbrooks Well-Known Member

Why are you using stock keyboard? **** that shit. Once I got the Phone I started looking for a better keyboard. Swiftkey all the way.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Gotta agree ^^ not with Swiftkey but with trying other keyboards from play store and finding one that suits you.
    Same with all the important stock apps :thumbup:
    Sorry this doesnt solve your problem op. I dont use the stock keyboard or even type in landscape mode but i dont remember ever reading about this problem :thumbup:
  5. iPredator

iPredator Well-Known Member

I havent seen anyone posting about this maybe someone can help with this but i agree find find a better keyboard the stock keyboard is junk i used swiftkey for awhile
  6. gaurugurjar

gaurugurjar New Member

anyone having the same problem???
    I wanna just check whether this problem is only confined to my device or its universal problem like software problem...
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Seems pretty isolated mate tbh
  8. gaurugurjar

gaurugurjar New Member

I use stock keyboard because when using multi window feature only stock keyboard helps
  9. IzzyStorm

IzzyStorm Member

I, too, am having some problems with keyboard. It only happens if I type in a portrait (I hate landscape) mode. Whenever I made typos, I tried to hit backspace but it always typed "L" button instead. It became frustrating to a point I gave up and switched to another keyboard. I don't know whether it's a faulty Samsung keyboard or not.
  10. stephen65

stephen65 Well-Known Member

I just got a Galaxy S3 last night and when I got it home the keyboard was one of the issues that popped up immediately.

The display phone in the Verizon store had a much larger and easier to use keyboard. That was one of the key issues why I chose the S3 over the Razr Maxx HD. Get the phone activated and get it home and I noticed the keyboard was totally different. Would a jellybean update have changed the way the keyboard looked?

I also don't like the word suggestions along the top of the keyboard. Is there a way to disable that? That should free up some room and make the keys bigger if you can.

Otherwise I'll have to look for a keyboard app I guess.
  11. philayl

philayl Well-Known Member

Good advice regarding the SwiftKey keyboard, why struggle with an inferior keyboard when there are better one's out there? Phil