galaxy S3 application manager

Last Updated:

1. Paradroid90

Paradroid90 Well-Known Member

Sorry not sure where to place this query on the forum.

I spent a lot of time going through galaxy s3 android application manager and force shutting etc apps I do not want running in the back ground.
    However when updates are available and I authorise the update to appears to trigger the app to run again in the background leading me to having to remember what I have updated and spending time going through the application manager again. Is there a way of updating apps without triggering them running in the background?

Likewise when i open certain apps a trigger happens.

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

what kind of apps are you force stopping and why? Life doesnt have to be so hard. The phone is capable of deciding what should run and when.
    If its an app like Maps that you never use, just hit "uninstall updates" then "disable". Be careful what apps you do this with though :thumbup:
    Harry2 likes this.
  3. Paradroid90

Thanks for the response.
    Im shutting non system programmes that as explained appeared to be triggered when updating them.
  4. funkylogik

Are they using up battery or something? If not id just leave them alone tbh. They can be "open" but not actually doing anything :thumbup:
  5. Paradroid90

Affecting performance as they are utilising ram.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

These apps shown in Settings, Apps, RUNNING, yes.
    But in my unstanding, those other apps are just waiting, more sleeping on stand-by.
    And sleeping apps aren't performing much activity on the RAM.

Harry
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

A task that is taking up RAM does not affect performance. If it did, Android would have removed these tasks from RAM. The reason they use RAM in the first place is so that when you launch them, they would launch faster because they are already in RAM. This would improve your performance.

Having more free RAM may not improve your performance. If there is unused RAM, Android tries to anticipate what tasks you are likely to launch in the future and loads them into RAM.
    funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

Yeah. Ive said it a lot but whats the point in having say a 2gb phone when you only allow it to use 500mb of it lol? May as well buy a budget phone. If the ram becomes too full to hold another app, android will kill the least important app/s to make room for it :thumbup:
  9. funkylogik

Here i just did a very rare thing and went into my recents list. My international s3 only has 1gb total ram. Look at whats free View attachment 62080
    I had to go a long way around to get this screen because ive removed it from the home button.
    my phone is running fast as **** right now and when i go to open one of the apps that are cached in RAM, it will open instantly and use less battery to open.
    If i had a 2gb phone, id like to see the ram nearly full too :thumbup: View attachment 62080
  10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

funkylogik likes this.
  11. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

"Not used RAM is useless RAM"
    A process remaining in memory doesn't use processor power, that's why it doesn't consumed battery. Its remaining in memory even saves battery power when the app is restarting.

This post contains a nice explanation ... :)
    Edit: Ups, I posted this in another forum ... but quoting Stuntman brought it back on this thread :D

Harry