• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy s3 battery drain at 60%

mundis

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
Hi, sorry if there is thrad like that, but I didn't find it. So, problem is that from 100% to 60% everything is fine, but after that it drains like crazy and its down half an hour maybe. I'm not using anything, it jus happens when it reaches that. So maybe anyone have ideas what is wrong? Battery shows 60% phone idle usage, but as I said, before 60 its ok and it shows the same. Phone is new, thank you for help. If you will need more info, just ask. Thank you for help. Also sync is off, no auto brightness and stuff like that.

Hi, sorry if there is thrad like that, but I didn't find it. So, problem is that from 100% to 60% everything is fine, but after that it drains like crazy and its down half an hour maybe. I'm not using anything, it jus happens when it reaches that. So maybe anyone have ideas what is wrong? Battery shows 60% phone idle usage, but as I said, before 60 its ok and it shows the same. Phone is new, thank you for help. If you will need more info, just ask. Thank you for help. Also sync is off, no auto brightness and stuff like that.

Perhaps you should take it to the store you bought it from and have them look at it. If you have issues with a new one again rooting will help solve issues such as this.

Just FYI it could void your warranty, so you need to be careful and root it carefuly. We have lots of topics about rooting S3.

If you root and something does go wrong its on you. But if you follow the advice provided on the forums it should be okay.

Hope all works out for you.

Upvote 0
We'll I bought this one on ebay, but it was new, sealed. So I won't bring it it to the store. So probably I will try rooting and I hopeveverything will be good. If anyone has more ideas, tell me, thank you so much for help.

And btw, when draining starts and I plug it for atleast few minutes after unplugging it stays god again even though its at 60%. Just I'm not always ablevto do that

Upvote 0
We'll I bought this one on ebay, but it was new, sealed. So I won't bring it it to the store. So probably I will try rooting and I hopeveverything will be good. If anyone has more ideas, tell me, thank you so much for help.

And btw, when draining starts and I plug it for atleast few minutes after unplugging it stays god again even though its at 60%. Just I'm not always ablevto do that

With my phone (Premia metropcs service) the battery would drain in 2-4 hours (battery life is a common complaint with this device.) However tweaking CPU and governer as well as slight undervolting ( undervolting can be dangerous) my battery will go down from 100-70 or 60 in 3-4 hours. So Rooting can help quite a bit.

I doubt its the phone though. Try to get an OEM battery and see if that helps. If that doesn't work then Root.

Upvote 0
I also thought about battery, but that's strange why it starts exactly at 60%

Also I discovered that when drain starts at 60% and i reboot phone, after reboot battery is at 1%, completly empty ...?

And one more thing, phone is ok, look good, original, but i just noticed that when i open battery cover i see this: http://s17.postimg.org/qh4hmcg5b/DSC00059.jpg
look different from original, how i should know if its not knockoff? It started to drive me crazy...

Upvote 0
I also thought about battery, but that's strange why it starts exactly at 60%

Also I discovered that when drain starts at 60% and i reboot phone, after reboot battery is at 1%, completly empty ...?

And one more thing, phone is ok, look good, original, but i just noticed that when i open battery cover i see this: http://s17.postimg.org/qh4hmcg5b/DSC00059.jpg
look different from original, how i should know if its not knockoff? It started to drive me crazy...

It looks original to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones