Galaxy S3 Contact Pictures Wont Display on Thread PageGeneral

1. loblakely

loblakely New Member

I've got a Samsung Galaxy s3 4G LTE with US Cellular.
    Let me say i've had a rough road with the s3 since I upgraded about 2 weeks ago. They've already had to DOA 2 S3's. :(

Here's my problem with the current one i have (I'm sure it should be a simple fix):
    My contacts pictures on my Message Threads homepage (the main text page) aren't showing up. They show everywhere else, on my contacts list, when i make and recieve calls, just not in my text threads.

How can I fix this problem? Both of my other S3's didn't have this issue.

Here's what i've tried:
    *Reset Phone.
    *Updated phone by *228
    *Re-did "my contacts backup"
    *Uninstalled facebook and re-installed it.
    *Removed facebook as an account in my contacts and added it back again.

After doing this, I'm still not showing contact pictures in my text threads.

Advertisement
  2. loblakely

loblakely New Member

anybody know the issue?
  3. Haggistech

Haggistech Well-Known Member

Let me have a loko at mine and i will get back to you later this afternoon :)
  4. Nat splat

Nat splat New Member

Hi I am having the same trouble, every text that is sent has no pic but everything else does.
  5. Haggistech

Hmm mines shows the picture of the contact on the page that shows me all my text messages

they show fine in your contacts yeah?
  6. Haggistech

Ok lets try this

do you have the contacts saved on the phone and on the sim card?
  7. Nat splat

Nat splat New Member

Guys just read a previous post which sorted problem. Because when you text the phone defaults to SIM contact first which do not have images saved to them. I deleted my SIM contacts and problem solved. I deleted them by going to contacts and searching for a name which bought up both entries as before only phone contacts were showing.
    frosch411 likes this.
  8. Haggistech

lol that's what i was getting to on my last post :)

glad its fixed
  9. Nat splat

Nat splat New Member

U were just too polite instead of just sayin in lamens terms :) I've not had this issue with other phones so didn't even think about the SIM at first. Even the guy in t mobile shop didn't know what to do. Also being a newby to having a decent phone I'm a bit lost without a manual lol
  10. frosch411

frosch411 New Member

Hi all,

I had the same problem and the 'delete the SIM entries' did the trick!