• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3: Contacts and VZW Backup Assistant

The Reaper

Aug 10, 2010
It's been awhile since I used these boards, so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong location. Here's my conundrum:

I recently upgraded to the Galaxy S3, after using my Droid X for the last 2 years. The lady at the Verizon store said she did a contact import when she activated the new phone. She sorta succeeded. It appears that any contact I had associated with either of my two google emails has imported successfully. However, some contacts didn't make their way over. After cross-checking the two contact lists, it looks like some of my DX contacts were saved with the old backup assistant. Well now only Backup Assistant Plus is working, as it looks like VZW killed off all services to the original. Meanwhile, BAPlus on my DX isn't acknowledging contacts to backup. Is there a way to boot over my BA-based contacts to my Galaxy, or otherwise switch them to a Google account in my DX? Or am I effed, and just have to input them manually?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones