• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 crashing when copying text to clipboard

Hi jo256,
I have the problem for 41 days now...
When I first encountered the problem, I was hopeful that Samsung would do something about it...emailed, called, made 2 visits to Samsung Singapore Service Center and wrote many "Curse Samsung Mobile" posts on Samsung Mobile Singapore. I give up, Samsung Mobile Software teams are not good enough to solve this...the only solution is to root.

I give up, I will reset and sell my S3...not going to support a company that can't fix their own problem. Their latest reply to me on FB was to blame it on Chrome. It's definitely a Samsung problem! Not only in software but in mentality...in denial and blaming Google, although Samsung messed with the Android Stock OS...(Copy and paste on Samsung Android OS looks different Android stock OS. Samsung's Android OS can view the clipboard, and saves recent "copy clips" which I suspect is a feature that caused the clipboard corruption.)

Answer from Samsung Singapore yesterday after 2 weeks wait...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dear MR Chia,

Thank you for your email.
Your email reference no : 1109057370

We refer back to your email dated 5 November 2012 with regards to the Copy and Paste Issue.

Our Product Team has tested a few S3 Jellybean to do Copy and Paste there is no problem and it is working well. We do not encountered such problems.

Therefore, as to solve your issue, we advice you to proceed down to the Service Center to update your softwares or by doing personally a Factory Data Reset.
Kindly ensure that all datas has been back up first before doing this.

We appreciate your kind understanding and patience with us.

Should you need further assistance, please contact Samsung Customer Care at
1800-7267864 (Mon-Sun 8.30am ~ 6.00pm) or visit New URL
for more information.

Warmest regards,
Samsung Customer Care.
-----------------------------------------------------

Very very disappointed in Samsung Mobile.

Upvote 0
Hi! they tweeted me back asking for my model number & provider, so we'll see. I'm glad that this site clued me into the fallacy of the factory reset. I'm also going to try & find that cut & paste app someone mentioned upthread. I love technology, but I'm not very adept- I just kind of fumble around. This is my second android phone (had OG Droid prev), and I really have been very happy until now. I surely will share anything helpful I learn.

Upvote 0
Had this response from Samsung UK on Facebook earlier, at least they're acknowledging the problem and doing something:

[ME]
Hi
My S3 crashes every time I try to copy & paste something. A quick google has shown this to be a massive widespread problem, when are you going to issue a fix for this?
Many thanks
Charlie

14:13
Samsung Mobile UK
Hi, we are working on it as I type - not sure when this will roll out but it will likely come in the form of a stability update to Jelly Bean. Thanks for your patience with this and stay tuned for updates. ^George

Upvote 0
PLEASE help me.......
Firstly,Im so annoying as my S3 can copy text but cannot paste...Once I copy the text den i press long only appear clipboard.
Last time can paste very well but now only appear clipboard..
What can I do?

Secondly,my version now is 4.1.1
Is it this ok? What is the version now?How to do?Any disadvantages?

Hope someone can answer me..

Appreciate it:adore:

Upvote 0
I started to have similar problems the last couple of days and chanced upon this which fixed it for me. If you're not using the stock Samsung keyboard switch to this and long press the settings button (bottom row, second from left) now press the clipboard symbol (bottom row second from right) and press clear and delete all. Everything works fine since.

Reactions: blue02 and dfran1
Upvote 0
I started to have similar problems the last couple of days and chanced upon this which fixed it for me. If you're not using the stock Samsung keyboard switch to this and long press the settings button (bottom row, second from left) now press the clipboard symbol (bottom row second from right) and press clear and delete all. Everything works fine since.

This sounds like it should work .
Thanks. But I have no clear all I have to long press on each then delete

Do you have JB I don't yet, still on ICS. That may be the reason there is no clear all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones