• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s3 decided the year is 1936...

camdaddy

Lurker
Sep 17, 2013
My mother has a galaxy s3. There is something severely wrong with it. The first warning sign is that notifications pop up that applications that are not even running have stopped. After that, the phone changes its date to June 1936 (always this date for some reason). After this, the phone will not connect to any network, 3g 4g or wifi, and will not send texts or make calls, and after a few minutes just begins to randomly restart itself. I have taken it to a sprint store, and best buy 3 times (where she has insurance), and they all seem to be completely dumbfounded by this issue, and only suggest a factory restart, which doesn't help. I thought possibly something in her google account was corrupt, but even creating a new account after a factory restart did no good. Any clues?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones