• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 dies right after startup

elbastador

Lurker
Aug 16, 2014
My Galaxy S3 turned itself off this evening and now won't function at all. In the past I had issues with it turning itself off and getting into a reboot loop, but eventually the issues would go away. But not this time. When the phone boots, the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen comes on, and then the phone turns off a second or two later. It is then unresponsive until I take the battery out and put it back in, or wait a few minutes. When I take the battery out and put it back it in, the phone vibrates, begins to start up, and then dies. I tried my spare battery and the same thing happens. Leaving it plugged into the charger doesn't make a difference. I tried to do a factory reset but the phone dies before anything happens. Anything I can do to fix this, or is my phone toast?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones