• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 Downgrade from 4.3

Hello, sorry if this has been asked and answered already but couldnt find it in the search.

I have an AT&T S3 (i747). How may I downgrade the system to before the 4.3 update? I have searched online to manually download and install it but am having very little luck for my model and version.

Nothing significant, but it is alot slower since the upgrade and i dont really care for alot of the changes.

The phone had the version just before 4.3 installed when i bought it, and it was updated thru the att update system. I did try to root it same as I did for my Note 10.1 but the new security keeps SU at bay. Rooted or not, the previous version ran alot smoother.

Upvote 0
SamMobile Firmwares has stock 4.0.4 and 4.1.1 ROMs for the i747.

I once went through the effort of downgrading my AT&T S3 (i747). It worked okay, but almost immediately recognized that an update was available. After a few hours, I was * forced * to upgrade to where things were before I started.

Would I do it again? Sure, but only if I was having a major issue with an upgrade. Otherwise, because of the forced upgrade, it's not worth my time.

-Ken

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones