1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy S3 Facebook syncSupport

Last Updated:

1. robertakeegan

robertakeegan Member

I've just got my new S3 and I'm trying to set it for the first time, everything is going fine until I try and sync my Facebook with my contacts. Is there anyway to sync Facebook friends with my phone book. At the moment the Facebook sync only adds my friends to my contact list but wont give me a choice to add a number for them. There must be someway to do this?

Advertisement
    culiced likes this.
  2. mihqke

mihqke Active Member

You can use only Facebook app for that.
  3. robertakeegan

robertakeegan Member

But the Facebook app doesn't work, it wont let me add numbers to Facebook contacts
  4. mihqke

mihqke Active Member

I guess you have to make new contact for this number and then join them together.
  5. robertakeegan

robertakeegan Member

But it won't let me join Facebook contacts too normal contacts, or even let me edit a number on to the Facebook contact. I'm sure if my year old blackberry 8900 could manage it then there must be a way for the brand new s3 too.
  6. mihqke

mihqke Active Member

Open contact > connection > choose Google contact > join another contact. You should see there all your Facebook contacts and you can join it with this contact. I hope it helps.
  7. robertakeegan

robertakeegan Member

Just tried this but there is no connection option only edit, delete, share namecard via, add to reject list or printnname card
  8. mihqke

mihqke Active Member

In menu there is Join contact. Makes same thing.
  9. robertakeegan

robertakeegan Member

But it won't let me join a Facebook contact to a non Facebook contact
  10. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

I think better solution is use Google contacts and import Facebook friends profile photos to your address book. To do that you can use "SyncMyPix" app.
  11. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

1) When you open the facebook contact in phone Contacts (not facebook app) there is a section called Connections below the Email section.

2) On the right hand side there is a chain symbol. Clicking on this brings up a screen with "Join another contact" on a grey bar at the bottom.

3) Click on this and it opens up the contact screen to add another contact and join.

4) You click on another contact (including non-facebook contacts) and they are joined.

Which part of this procedure doesn't happen for you?
  12. robertakeegan

robertakeegan Member

everything works fine until step 4 where it will let me click join contacts but it only displays other Facebook contacts to join to, my original phonebook contacts do no show up in the join contacts list
  13. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

What happens if you start with a phone contact and then try to join with a facebook contact?

Another thing: in contacts, if you press the menu button there is an option "Contacts to display", I don't know whether this will have any bearing on the situation? (You have to scroll down as the option is down below the screen.)
  14. robertakeegan

robertakeegan Member

It won't give me the option to connect on non Facebook contacts. Contacts to display did nothing to help, thanks anyway.
  15. Mikitayala

Mikitayala New Member

You need to import the numbers from your sim card first and then you can merge with google and then you can join contacts will not do it if the contacts are not imported ... then yo need to join the contacts and then delete the orginal sim contact
  16. rjm453

rjm453 New Member

Settings
    Accounts and Sync
    Select Facebook account

It should start syncing