• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 I747 or I9300 ??

willyperx

Lurker
Oct 5, 2014
Hi, I just bought a Galaxy S3 from eBay
A Galaxy S3 I9300 unlocked because I wanted a Quadcore... but I saw that I don't have quadcore, just dual core and I can't update my device because it says that my device is modified, also I did the recovery mode and I see:

Odin Mode SGH - I747
Custom Binary Download: Yes (3 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Binary: Custom
Qualcome secureboot: Enable

So... I have i9300 or i747 ?? I'm confuse because in my device info shows GT-I9300 , and if I want should I root my device like i747 or i9300 and roms?

Thanks

I guess someone could have swapped the front assembly/back cover from a phone with a dead board. What is your carrier and region?

As for rooting it appears that download mode is saying you already are.

I would not try to update until you are 100% sure what device you have. To update you will need to Flash the latest stock tar for your carrier via odin, then re-root. Flashing an older one or attempting to downgrade the bootloader or modem later will result in a hard brick.

Upvote 0
I did a root check and it says that I don't have root permission but also shows me the Build Info.

47a73e18783d6e3420d71fc34b7d2c1d.png

Shows me

Bootloader: I747UCDLK3
Display: I9300ZSEMC1
Model: GT-I9300

Should I find roms for I747 or I9300 ??

I bought the phone on eBay unlocked but I'm using with T-Mobile and I live in United States.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones