Galaxy S3 I9300 cannot receive SMS

1. yeahmon

yeahmon Member

This is a weird problem. For the past month, my SMS has been going nuts. It will work for a few days, then suddenly stop receiving SMS. I can send and people receive, but I cannot send to myself and receive. People send me SMS and I don't get them.

There is a quick fix that I discovered for this. I can take my SIM card, put it in another device, and it will dump my SMS messages to that device. It seems like it "clears" my SMS messages. I can then take the SIM card, put it back into my Galaxy S3, and all works well again for a few more days.

I bought the phone brand new in June. I started having problems around the middle of October.

I have completely restored the device to factory. (It is all factory ROM and not rooted anyway) ICS 4.0.4

I have made NO changes to anything to cause this to happen. ATT has been made aware of it. They say it's not on their end. I have Googled the issue, and others have the same issues, but I have found no solution.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea what may be causing this, and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :