• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 is clicking on things randomly...

nsschwenk

Lurker
Jul 31, 2014
Hey Guys! New to the site! I fixed my girlfriends phone using another donor SIII that had a good LCD and digitizer. The donor phone had water damage but it still worked. The only thing that I used from the donor phone was the LCD and digitizer (front of the phone).

I completely cleaned the parts and connectors with alcohol and they look like new. The screen works fine and the touch screen works but sometimes the touch screen will start clicking and moving the upper potion of the screen (area in between the volume and lock button) . Is their possibly moisture under the glass screen causing this or is the LCD/Digitizer connector still needs more cleaning? or.. worst of all, is the digitizer failing?

Let me know, Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones