• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy S3 mini bricked after using EZ-unlock

ThePC007

Lurker
Nov 22, 2014
I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on my rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, however I wasn't able to access the bootloader. (Home + Volume Up + Power didn't work.)
So I thought that maybe my bootloader wasn't unlocked. I found an apk called EZ-Unlock and ran it. There were two buttons: unlock and lock. I pressed the unlock button and it said "That was easy.", but apparently it wasn't. As I tried restarting my phone I noticed that it was hard bricked, to the point where I couldn't do anything with it. Holding the power button leads to no reaction whatsoever, and even holding the home + volume up/down buttons doesn't change anything.
Is there anything I can do to unbrick it?

Last edited:
If no power even when battery is charged theirs nothing you can do because the phone doesnt turn on at all youll need to replace the mother board

Btw why did you use that if you didnt research about it first some apps that may help do what your wanting to do may not support the model your gonna use it on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones