Galaxy S3 news and more !!

1. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yes we all are excited since today is the 15th expect the release in about 3 weeks :)
  2. storm21

storm21 Well-Known Member

around the 5th of oct?? ok thats good..wish it was 17 of sep lol
  3. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Info from top sources called towards the end of this month or beginning of October
  4. storm21

ok thats really good...i just [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] purchase some stuff for the s3 :D[/SIZE][/FONT]
  5. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I'm also planning on buying me a case and a few screen protectors for it. I really want the "Pebble Blue" one. I hope the white one won't be the only color option available :|
  6. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

The white is the for sure Color right now however pebble blue will also be available they have not told me if the blue will be available right away or later
  7. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Oooo I like the white one! :3
  8. storm21

i really hope the blue one is available same time...and i hope metro $55 plan will still be going on when the s3 is out
  9. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yeah me too I want the white it looks nice
  10. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yeah I wonder if that plan will be available once the s3 comes out that will be tempting for a lot of people
  11. storm21

can you ask and find out?
  12. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have asked before but plans and promotions don't get out that easily so there are told like a day before in some cases we have been told in advance but not lately the most important thing is that the phone will be here soon :D
  13. storm21

ohh i got ya lol lol .....but yea you right "the most important thing is the phone" :D
  14. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

I noticed that the same phone has different development on different carriers. Would our gs3 be affected by metro? For example, no paranoid android for us?:(:(:(
  15. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Don't worry we'll get some ROM for this phone.
  16. HereticSins

Hopefully, I'll only leave the motion for a gs3 with paranoid android !
  17. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

actually pg told me everything should work fine for our s3 just make sure its for the sch-r530 model and not that other I something basically all that would have to be done is be ported over which if u didnt know by now most of all the mods on our esteems are ported from elese where like from the xda forums which u well see we dont even have a esteem section over there but yet we keep getting all those mods lol
  18. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

I heard verizons model had an ota recently that locked it up disabling the root exploit. I hope ours don't come shipped with that.
  19. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Unless metropcs decides to do this than no. Verizon can't mess with our phone.
  20. xstation

xstation Well-Known Member

it would be awesome if metro would announce it already if its true that only 3 more weeks left and allow for preorders. Would get alot of peeps on here excited. i really need to upgrade soon as my current phone is on its last breath
  21. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Well we were lucky metro at least made it public this time with the Esteem only people in the forums knew it was coming months before so this time around we are lucky to at least know the s3 will be coming
  22. MetroPOS

MetroPOS Well-Known Member

It seems strange that they would only charge this little for the S3 when they're selling the Lightray for $459...which is a phone that is a dinosaur compared to the S3. I would expect the S3 to be at least $100 more than the Lightray.

I suppose when the S3 becomes available from Metro the Lightray should go down to a more realistic price range no higher than $399 or so.

AT&T currently sells the S3 for full price @ 549.99 for the 16gb version. Sounds about right to me. Maybe with rebates Metro can get it down to $500 before tax.
  23. sfattah

sfattah Member

My dad owns a metro pcs store and my cousin is a high up guy in the company and both of them said that they have not heard of metro pcs coming out with the S3 :(
  24. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I agree with you about the ashtray oops sorry lightray lol at this point the ashtray has been a flop no surprise there one of my contacts told me that the ashtray its pretty much done I had the same concern you had so remember metro doesn't always does things that make sense lol
  25. HereticSins

Its already been pretty much confirmed. Lol