1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Galaxy S3 news and more !!

1. GSTR21

GSTR21 Active Member

Hey. Thanks again for th info earlymon. Thats not a bad speed fo mobile data XD. My mrs gets 5-7mbps on her 4S using 3G. Shocking that I previously got 19mbps on my home wifi!! Its great you guys dont have long to wait :) and as for cm10 I havnt even rooted lol. I know how but dont want to void my warrenty. Well at least until I have next phone found. Im feeling the S4 when it rolls out lol.

But Is $499 a good price for your metropcs. Obviously mine was kinda free but I could see myself purchasing the LTE when its availble ( I have been told chistmas for london so ... up here where I live ill probally be waiting sometime) I dont know what the vanilla goes for over here.

AT LEAST THE LTE VERSION SHIPS WITH JB!!!!! LUCKY SO N SO'S :-D

Thanks

Adam
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Our system is a trade off. Pay more for the phone on a no contract carrier with low monthly rates, or pay less on a contract carrier with high monthly rates.

Because our services aren't standardized like the rest of the world, our options get limited that way. Is what it is.
  3. GSTR21

GSTR21 Active Member

These rates you speek of ... do you guys not get the sim free option?? More pennys but then no ties...

Thanks

Adam
    hYpHyPuRpLe likes this.
  4. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

i'll be keeping this phone for a while so im definitely gonna have to root it just so i can get a proper ad blocking app like adaway.

unless someone knows a really good ad blocker that doesnt require root..
  5. EarlyMon

6. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

Do you think that if metro doesn't release jellybean for it then Samsung will release it like they did with the admire? (2.3.4 - 2.3.6)
  7. EarlyMon

As you probably know, because ad blockers work at the name resolution level, don't expect that to ever work without root.

The good news is that the SGS3, all variants (except for that Verizon left turn for a while) are pretty easy to root safely.
  8. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I feel like making a new thread about who's getting the s3 the first couple of days I feel that a lot of us will leave the esteem forum :(
  9. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

They compared the quad-core international against the dual core us versions. The extra ram helped the dual core version as the two ran almost identical to one-another. Can't wait for this, i hope they offer the 32gb model, but either will do
  10. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

i did not know that,

believe it or not im one of the least tech savvy guys on this site but i try to read up on things and learn as much as i can.

its the information super highway, you just gotta take the time to look at things.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  11. MetroPOS

MetroPOS Well-Known Member

And there may be some chaos during your transition to the S3 forum too because the S3 board on here is going to have subscribers posting from 5 different carriers once it's available for Metro, plus international users. That's going to be fun haha.
  12. Gomez025

Gomez025 Well-Known Member

I definitely have the money for the S3 now :) Yeeeeee...
  13. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I don't.. But this coming Thursday (pay day), I sure will :D!
  14. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Lucky.:D
  15. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

I'm buying 2 :D
  16. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Ohhh yeah the s3 already has a lot of support from ALOT of devs ... so by the time we get the phone we already have various really good ROMs
  17. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Now how will that go kind of like lg optimus had with different carriers? Or does it mean that pg or ldrifta have to get a hold of one to make roms or can we port a rom from let's say the sprint s3 :confused:
  18. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

I believe we can port them from spring and Verizon version since we have kinda a same chip. Besides. I think the cm10s is already compatible with our variant one...
    mike28 likes this.
  19. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Nice to know that I have cm10 on my kindle fire and this thing flies can't wait to have that experience on my s3 :D
  20. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

You can just port the ROM from another carrier and just change things like the baseband to fit our network.?
    mike28 likes this.
  21. TheEpicIsh

TheEpicIsh Active Member

I found a video of engadget talking about the Samsung GSIII from MetroPCS on Youtube. I'll try to post a link as soon as possible
  22. TheEpicIsh

TheEpicIsh Active Member

23. TheEpicIsh

TheEpicIsh Active Member

24. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

The only thing that will be downgraded is the price.
  25. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Lol nice one !!

Edit: at least they should have gone over some basics and features on the on hands videos... :(