• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 news and more !!

Which one? :D

Haha. I think that was recently said. Lol. I think there's a hidden apple fan boy showing their true colors. I'm actually enjoying reading their ridiculous liberal comments.

I'm sure it sucks seeing everyone getting excited when you don't have the money to get it. I'm sure that really sucks but it doesn't constitute the ignorant statements and remarks and trying to DOWN PLAY the phone saying something else will be out and everyone will be excited then and it's just a phone blah blah blah. Just stop. If you can't afford it just go get a credit card and buy the phone, if you guys are old enough that is.

Anyways, I'm done.

:mad::thinking::(

Upvote 0
Am i the only one that noticed the specs? The sgs3 comes with a 4.8in hd amoled display. The specs for the metro pcs version says 4.7. I think it is a typo to be honest

Wat specs your looking at the one im looking at is 4.8 inch.

2012-09-27-01-24-55.jpg

Upvote 0
Am i the only one that noticed the specs? The sgs3 comes with a 4.8in hd amoled display. The specs for the metro pcs version says 4.7. I think it is a typo to be honest

We'll be getting the same model with the same specs that the other carriers have. If you look at the specs for the sprint model that what we're gonna get. Ignore the typos.

Upvote 0
Question:
What will Android Forums do about a metroPCS GS3 forum? Usually metro has a unique phone name/model.

Well Metro isn't going to give the S3 one of their dumb names. It's the S3. You WANT people to know it's the S3 and not the "Excaliber" or some dumb ish like that. lol

As far as the forum? It will prolly be added to the list of S3's thats already forums. Main S3 forum with individual S3 forums based off carriers. Im already stock piling threads and info to post. :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Why does XDA have like 40 ROMS for the S3? I mean seriously? I cant imagine that you can have that many different ROMs with that many different options that are actually worth a damn. Im sure most of them could have been themes and someone pulled an "ABCindicate" and made "fake Roms". lol

Just seemed strange. 3 damn pages of ROMs and im like O_0. I just want JB thats been cleaned with an equal amount of performance and battey life. I can theme the damn thing myself if I choose to. I def wanna get rid of that Touch Wiz garbage and get stock ICS or JB.

Upvote 0
Why does XDA have like 40 ROMS for the S3? I mean seriously? I cant imagine that you can have that many different ROMs with that many different options that are actually worth a damn. Im sure most of them could have been themes and someone pulled an "ABCindicate" and made "fake Roms". lol

Just seemed strange. 3 damn pages of ROMs and im like O_0. I just want JB thats been cleaned with an equal amount of performance and battey life. I can theme the damn thing myself if I choose to. I def wanna get rid of that Touch Wiz garbage and get stock ICS or JB.
i would imagine 39-38 of them are just themed versions of 1 original rom lol u know the kiddies do back in our subforum they call the rom their own and give it a different look but kernel settings and everything else are the same lol

Upvote 0

There has to be some difference between the roms. I wouldn't imagine XDA would allow "throms".

Upvote 0
well i have trial the 14th and that means i may get locked up that day or soon after. no point in buying a phone for 2days then have it sit til im out itll be outdated haha
You murderer!!! I keel you now!

Well, the Touch Wiz isn't 'that' bad is it? Looks good. But of course a custom ROM would be better. With that said, i'm definately putting CM10 on my baby...

Upvote 0
People want quality devices and they're about to get one. We've never had a device the quality of the sgs3 on metropcs before and if people go out and buy this we may see more high end devices like this come to metro. Why would we not be excited about such a development?

^ THIS.
That's all it boils down to for me, and most everyone else as well, I'd imagine.

Is it okay to drool still?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones