• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 news and more !!

This was one of the FIRST camera phones that came out. I paid 100 bucks for it and that was new plan price.

Sanyo SCP-8100 Cell Phone Sprint PCS Camera Color 8100 - Warranty - Used 86483047381 | eBay

Hahahha

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My first phone was one of the old nokias on the Powertell/voicestream network before it became T Mobile. This was in 2001. Hahaha. DAMN, technology is going fast.

This was it. hahahahahaha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-5165-TDMA-AMPS-Old-AT-T-Wireless-Messaging-Bar-Phone-First-Generation-/120952954515?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item1c295b9e93

yep my first cellphone with a real carrier was with voicestream too. and then they went over to tmobile, and I was on the phone with customer service more then I used the phone for anything else. and then this great low cost, no contract company came out called Metro pcs. Before metro and voicestream I use to get those crappy grey brick flip phones that you had to call on the cell phone and put in a card number to get time. god i hated that.

Upvote 0
grampa lol joking.:p i Keep trying to get my mom to get a touch screen phone and she's affraid of them. She's heard stories of them exploding. I told her that's the iPhone. She replied: whats the difference? I had a stroke.
Yea my rents still using flip phones too n dont text lol

My first cell phone was some brand I dont recall on tracfone, then several cheap nokias, then several cheap moto flips, all still on tracfone aka now known as ATT GoPhone ;). The I have a RAZR V3, and then a RAZR V3M, then a Instinct, then a LG Chocolate Touch, the a *cough* Ascend, a Moto DX, and now use a Esteem.

That list covers what I've used, not sitting on my desk ;)

Upvote 0
Yea my rents still using flip phones too n dont text lol

My first cell phone was some brand I dont recall on tracfone, then several cheap nokias, then several cheap moto flips, all still on tracfone aka now known as ATT GoPhone ;). The I have a RAZR V3, and then a RAZR V3M, then a Instinct, then a LG Chocolate Touch, the a *cough* Ascend, a Moto DX, and now use a Esteem.

That list covers what I've used, not sitting on my desk ;)

my mom does texting, Shes some what of a nanny for my younger cousins and all they do is texting, so she was forced to learn how.

Wow you had a Razr that was like a rich person phone to me haha. I couldn't afford those. I always got the free phones they'd give when you resigned your soul to them.

Upvote 0
I remember have REAL ringtones back in 2002 WAY before you could put them on a phone. It was the FIRST phone modding I ever did. You HAD to have a USB cable for the phone which was UNHEARD of. hahaha. I remember a site called cell phone hacks that was popular back in the day that gave me the info and it would give out all the unlock codes and hidden menu codes. Ahhh the good ole days.

Upvote 0
my mom does texting, Shes some what of a nanny for my younger cousins and all they do is texting, so she was forced to learn how.

Wow you had a Razr that was like a rich person phone to me haha. I couldn't afford those. I always got the free phones they'd give when you resigned your soul to them.
Yea I got it uber cheap with a 2yr contract on ATT from tigerdirect and modded the pi55 out of it lol. Still have matter of fact lol

I remember have REAL ringtones back in 2002 WAY before you could put them on a phone. It was the FIRST phone modding I ever did. You HAD to have a USB cable for the phone which was UNHEARD of. hahaha. I remember a site called cell phone hacks that was popular back in the day that gave me the info and it would give out all the unlock codes and hidden menu codes. Ahhh the good ole days.
lol

Upvote 0
i would as to seeing with my esteem people cant even hear me when i talk. i sound like im being smothered with a pillow.

but im sticking by it just so i can improve it if i can.

I never had that issue.. maybe take the pillow off your face before making a call. lol Joking with you. Maybe you don't hold the phone in the right position, or you have your hand over the mic. Remember the mic hole is on the bottom of the phone, if you hold the phone from the bottom it will block it.

Upvote 0
I remember when the only mobile device was a calculator ;)
o jeezzz cmon grampa ur not THAT old... are you?? lol i actually had a pager :D then when pre-paid became popular i jumped on that train.. then i remember boost mobile coming out of nowhere and it was the sh*****t haha everyone was chirpin eachother or tweetin or whatever the hell it's called.. then all of a sudden no one really gave a crap haha.. now it's android!! yeah iphones are ok for the guy who refuses to learn anything about anything.. but android is where it's at!!!

Upvote 0
o jeezzz cmon grampa ur not THAT old... are you?? lol i actually had a pager :D then when pre-paid became popular i jumped on that train.. then i remember boost mobile coming out of nowhere and it was the sh*****t haha everyone was chirpin eachother or tweetin or whatever the hell it's called.. then all of a sudden no one really gave a crap haha.. now it's android!! yeah iphones are ok for the guy who refuses to learn anything about anything.. but android is where it's at!!!
well the military had mobile shyt lol, none of us on the street did. Hell I was happy to have a Tandy when I was 15 lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones