Galaxy S3 news and more !!

Last Updated: 2012-11-07 17:40:34
  1. horsecharles

horsecharles Well-Known Member

As i find myself doing more of the usual computer chores(including at work) on smartphone, especially due to moving around locations a lot, whatever greases those wheels just becomes very tempting.

I remember the same being said about the typewriter vs personal memo & fountain pen...long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

and as i moved from planet to planet thru the light years, cops questioning why i needed to carry around a beeper, then a cellphone...please show some ID....

And there, i just aged myself-- you young 'whippersnapper' you. ;)

Advertisement
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha. At least there's one person here who knows what my avatar is. lol
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I also remember having a NEXTEL back in 2004ish when you had to pass a credit check in order to get one. If you DIDNT pass the credit check you had to pay a 500 dollar deposit. And THEN the good nextel phones were 500-600 bucks. But boy I loved my Nextel. Chirp Chirp
  4. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

Exactly right. I agree totally. I wanted a VERY GOOD, even a GREAT phone, with speeds no slower than Metro's LTE and low monthly payments ($40 - $50 tops). I was willing to pay money for the phone. I got tired of waiting, so I bought TWO Galaxy Nexus with 4.1.1 for me and my wife and switched to Straight Talk. $45 + couple dollars a month in taxes -- LESS than $50 per month. But for the two phones I spent about $800. (Now from Google Play they are $350 + shipping and tax = $382. But one I bought off eBay new, so the price was higher.) That's $800 MetroPCS lost.

Here's the analogy. Chevy makes Corvettes, which are expensive sports cars. But GM sells LOTS more Chevy Malibus than Chevy Corvettes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

However GM/Chevrolet recognizes they NEED something like the Corvette for the people who want a higher end fast car. Or for men to drool over. Having the Corvette sports car RAISES then entire brand visibilty of the company. Metro needs at least one kick butt, fantastic phone as the brand leader for people to desire. Some kind of phone that brings people into the stores. Sure Metro may sell more Huawei phones, but people aren't demanding more Huaweis.

I was a Metro customer for a dozen years, but they lost me.

I just got so tired of waiting. They promised us 5 or 6 LTE Androids in 2011 and only gave us 2. One of the two was the decent LTE LG Esteem, which I got -- but I kept waiting for something even better before upgrading my wife's LG Optimus M. (Even the Esteem was a weaker version of Verizon's LG Revolution with 1/4 the internal memory.) My wife wanted a good phone, and I didn't want to get yet another Gingerbread with ICS and now Jelly Bean out. Where ARE the ICS/Jelly Bean dual core phone PHONES? :mad:

So, went to Straight Talk and speeds are good. The phones we have are GREAT. Now this isn't "regular" Straight Talk, with the crapp bargain bin phones. This is Bring-Your-Own-Phone Straight Talk. ANY sim card phone is eligible. So, two Galaxy Nexus with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and HSPA+ speeds.

[​IMG]
    horsecharles likes this.
  5. masflow8129

masflow8129 Member

i stay with my esteem custome rom ld zvd speed kernel is fast battery last forever my last time 20h 45m and 31s lg esteem all day why galaxy plus i beet is not going to be not the same galaxy from the others carries they going to make a special order for metro i beet is not going to be the best phone in metro so far mu lg esteem is running like a pro no problem best phone so far ;)
  6. homeboy2k12

homeboy2k12 Active Member

7. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

if the s3 comes with these specs:
    Samsung Galaxy S III Sprint specs

your esteem is toast

my first phone was an ericcson on ATT which was a 256 color phone i paid $200 for i think. it allowed you to make your own ringtones but overall it was a piece of schyt and barely worked in my house or anywhere else. ATT sucked and it still does.
  8. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

I wanted that yellow Nextel so bad! I had the black one like it and always hated my decision..but couldn't afford to buy it.
  9. gamer30168

gamer30168 Well-Known Member

Yeah i got that info from a metro rep. i hope he is confused
    he did say that a "lightning" or maybe "lighting bolt" was coming so yeah he got it a little twisted
  10. mk_ultra19

mk_ultra19 Well-Known Member

Just ordered a Nexus 7 myself... can't wait to get it in my greedy lil hands. MINE, MINE ALL MINE!!
  11. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I had one of those. :D I got my first cell phone in '96 on AT & T. Could only make calls and hear voice mail. I can't remember if I could save numbers into a phone book of any sort. It was a nokia as well, but can't now remember what it looked like. :)
  12. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

13. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

don't lose hope :) good things are coming!
    horsecharles likes this.
  14. mariadroid

mariadroid Well-Known Member

lol...i was just thinking i feel old..lol
  15. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

My first phone was a Nokia.. Prepaid(Tracfone). Went on to an LG Flip phone. Don't know the name of the phone though, but it was Verizon. After that broke I got a hand me down motorola. I swear that phone was the best phone I had(until I got the ascend then the esteem lol). My dad gave it to me. It had scratches on the back and had been dropped plenty of occasions. I liked it cause it was slender and it fit well in my pocket
  16. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

This is correct :)
  17. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Well be in stores around/between September to December. No official launch date, yet. I will update as soon as i get the info.
  18. avasponge

avasponge Member

I hope the Galaxy S3 comings in the two colors blue and white
  19. avasponge

avasponge Member

and with its original processor (dual core 1.5 snapdragon s4)
  20. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

I would get the white one lol seems more eye catching to me.
  21. KrazeeCracker

KrazeeCracker Well-Known Member

Seeing as how in getting a nexus 7 I guess no galaxy for me :/ lol
  22. Vakero

Vakero Active Member

guys where does it say that it coming to metropcs? I've read that it only landed on five U.S. carriers: Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, and U.S Cellular
  23. Mexiicanboii

Mexiicanboii Well-Known Member

The Samsung galaxy s3 is officially coming to metro pcs, it will have the same specs as other carriers. A corporate insider told me:D
    horsecharles likes this.
  24. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Its leaked info that more than a handful of corporate insider have revealed.
  25. avasponge

avasponge Member

i'm saving my money for it now