• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4 or Blackberry 10: Personal Opinion

I have a limited budget. I see one or two threads. But I'm asking your personal opinions on these three devices.
I live in Jamaica so the Blackberry isthe most popular thus, everyone has Blackberry Messenger. However, I am getting tired of Blackberry's OS ( I have a BB 9700).
I am looking for an Android Phone that is powerful, yet durable as a Blackberry.

I JUST WANT YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS IN COMPARING THESE THREE PHONES
ad the one that you prefer the most.

If BB Messenger is the primary means of communication for a majority in Jamaica, then you might want to go with a BB10 phone. Though not what I consider quite up to Android offerings (initial reviews and reports are that many parts are subpar like navigation) it is definitely better than the slop BB has out there today. If BB Messenger is not that important to you then one of the two Android phones you list are IMHO still heads and tails above BB. And with the latest reports saying that over 1/2 of the 70,000 BB apps are just simple ports of their Android counterparts, why not go with the original with apps made just for the Android system?

If we narrow down between the Nexus 4 and the SGS3, that's a toss up. Nexus 4 is very nice, gets updates fast and is exactly the way Google intended Android to be. However, while the SGS3 lacks those points, the way they've designed the software skin (touchwiz) is actually really nice and functional. I personally have the SGS3 and can say that Samsung really put together a fantastic phone and supporting software. The camera rocks (I never take a dedicated camera anywhere anymore) and has not given me one ounce of trouble. I do not regret the purchase at all and look forward to their future products.

Upvote 0
Right now Blackberry is a non-starter. Perhaps if they demonstrate that they are turning it around, maybe but probably not.

Personally I don't like that the Nexus 4 doesn't allow for a SD card, or a replaceable battery so while not a deal breaker, I prefer the Galaxy S3. Although if I was buying a new phone right now it would probably be Galaxy Note 2.

Upvote 0
Any of those are fine except BB10. I played with it, its a nice phone but that's about it. Not on par with Android or iPhone for that matter. Apps is the biggest problem with BB10. I mean do you really want a phone whose top apps are such as these?

February62013

Upvote 0
If you want to buy right now, I suggest you to get the Nexus 4. Fast updates (AOSP, directly from Google) and brilliant hardware. The only drawback is that it lacks a higher capacity option, LG only offers the 8GB and the 16GB version, which might be not enough for most people. If that is an issue with you, than the S3 is a great choice as well, although I'd be looking elsewhere as well, now that the S3 is almost 8 months old.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones