• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] galaxy s3 phone wont boot. stuck on Samsung logo

inerax

Lurker
Apr 14, 2013
Hello, i am attempting to fix my wifes phone. When i hold the volume down, home and power button i get to a download page.

when i hold volume up, home and power i get to a screen that lets me wipe all data. I have reset to default and cleaned the cache, no change.

I have also used odin3 to load new firmware i downloaded from samsungmobile

Even after all this the phone still sits on the samsung logo during boot.

What else can i try?

Hello, i am attempting to fix my wifes phone. When i hold the volume down, home and power button i get to a download page.

when i hold volume up, home and power i get to a screen that lets me wipe all data. I have reset to default and cleaned the cache, no change.

I have also used odin3 to load new firmware i downloaded from samsungmobile

Even after all this the phone still sits on the samsung logo during boot.

What else can i try?

I followed the guide below. i downloaded the most recent firmware for my device. When the program odin is loading and i see a progress bar in odin nothing is happening on the phone.

How to recover a bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 | Reviews | CNET UK

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones