1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Galaxy S3 predictive text suggest but no replace

1. erinandian

erinandian New Member

Good day all,

Is there a way to keep predictive text on (where is suggests replacement words) but not have it replace the words automatically as I type?

I have played around with combinations of settings under the predictive text, but it does not seem to have an effect.

Its for a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone on the Telus network.

Thanks,

I.

Advertisement
  2. moonlitday

moonlitday Active Member

Telus as well. I don't think the stock keyboard has that option. Get Swiftkey, it is a far better keyboard and does have the option of having the spacebar simply insert a space instead of suggested spellings or words (under advanced options) . The predictions are far better as well.
  3. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I switched to Thumb Keyboard. I don't like auto-correct as well and this keyboard can be configured to only make suggestions. I also like Thumb Keyboard over SwiftKey because Thumb Keyboard does not add extra spaces here and there. Thumb Keyboard only adds spaces when I actually press the space bar. SwiftKey tends to keep adding spaces here and there like after punctuation causing me to have to delete those extra spaces.