Galaxy S3 predictive textGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-12-07 21:27:42
  1. Manglier

Manglier New Member

Hi,
    Can someone please tell me how to turn off predictive text on a Galaxy S3, running ICS?
    Thanx in advance,
    Manglier.

Advertisement
  2. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Click on the cog symbol to the left of the space bar.

Third option down 'Predictive text' - slide the toggle over from 1 to 0.

:)
  3. Sharbeahr

Sharbeahr New Member

Two things...what is a cog symbol? And please tell me how to get rid of this idiotic predictable text..I don't mind auto correct but the predictable text on the Galaxy S3 is just plain annoying to me..thank you so much
  4. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Settings > Language and input > Keyboards and input methods, click on the circle shaped looking thingy to the right of whatever keyboard you have selected & there you will find what your looking for. :pcguru:
    jtspell, pokerfish and abridges01 like this.
  5. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Sharbeahr & Manglier !!!!
  6. Sharbeahr

Sharbeahr New Member

Thank you so much..i uave alwqys been a motorola person and just git the S3...the predictive text drove me nuts....jow anithr question....does this phone have auto correct?? Obviously i need that...lol...and if it does how do i get it???
  7. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

I dont have the phone, sorry i cant help ...

but this post made me LOL
    Sharbeahr likes this.
  8. SOCOM-HERO

SOCOM-HERO Well-Known Member

This phone has perhaps the WORST prediction and correction functionality I have ever seen. I immediately disabled it.
    RoarOfZonda and Sharbeahr like this.
  9. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Hey, keep that binary stuff to yourself :)
  10. trunkmonkey

trunkmonkey Active Member

I hate the way it changes what ur typing so it's easy to lose track of where you are in a word.I noticed predictive text is more useful in landscape as you can better find target word.
  11. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I installed the lates Swype beta. No comparison. Samsung KB = bad.
  12. buur

buur Member

Samsung keyboard is awful. I am using it temporarily because I took the phone back to stock to get ready for an exchange (usb port is bad). I am with rushmore, just install Swype beta.
  13. shae3

shae3 New Member

OMG... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! I was about to throw this phone across the room!!!
  14. Hogan773

Hogan773 Well-Known Member

I am using the free trial of SwiftKey 3. Awesome! The Samsung predictive was laughable....I don't think it EVER got ANYTHING even close to right....
  15. rap31264

rap31264 Member

My droid X predictive text worked awesome...this is totally horrendous...I miss the predictive text...I hope the next update fixes it..
  16. rap31264

rap31264 Member

I just downloaded SwiftKey 3 trial and SO MUCH BETTER!!! If it's remains stable..I'll definitely purchase it...now why couldn't Samsung's stock keyboard be that way???
  17. leslielinson

leslielinson New Member

I wish I could find a cog anywhere near my space bar - I absolutely am not
    finding a "settings" category that relates to language or predictive text. Aaugh
  18. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

What carrier phone do you have? It's strange how some settings are missing or relocated.

I installed Swiftkey 3. Thankfully I snagged it when it was Amazon Free App of the Day last year but never needed it on my Incredible. The thing that still bugs me is that Swifkey changes a word to something totally different but when you backspace it doesn't change it back to what you were typing. I miss that from the HTC keyboard.
  19. RoarOfZonda

RoarOfZonda Well-Known Member

Amen, thank god for SwiftKeys
  20. RoarOfZonda

RoarOfZonda Well-Known Member

I just wish it had swype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  21. cmybliss

cmybliss Well-Known Member

22. ericpanda999

ericpanda999 Active Member

So after reading this thread and seeing just how much veneration /praise SwiftKey has with its users I decided to try it out and have to say that I am no less that completely impressed! I love the fair bit of customization you can do on it and the auto correct is grossly accurate.
  23. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I have Perfect keyboard...the paid app. Its lite years better then the stock keyboard.
  24. NativeTxn

NativeTxn Well-Known Member

This also bugs me to no end. I also don't like how a lot of times I'll be typing a word and it wants to correct it to a longer word - it just assumes that I want the longer word, even though if I did, I would just type the longer word.

Other than that, I really like SwiftKey 3, and I got mine on a free/discount day as well.
  25. trunkmonkey

trunkmonkey Active Member

Big improvements in the keyboard. Predictive word list is finally in a logical order.

But has anyone had issues with inserting into existing text? When I do that the predictive menu never appears and all of my letter 'i's are uppercase 'I'. Only happens with predictive text on. The work around for me has been to pad spaces before and after the insert position.

I have yet to hear from anyone else to confirm there's a bug. Anyone?

Update LG8
    :confused: