• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy s3 problem - will metro fix?

itsPeaches

Lurker
Mar 18, 2014
Today i went to go use my phone and the touch screen was unresponsive. After taking out the battery and doing a tri-button reset it was still not registering my touch. Some research told me that the digitizer is what is causing the problem. My phone was dropped and the screen stopped working about 4-5 months ago but i paid $200 to get it repaired, I'm sure the digitizer was replaced. Since then it has been in an otter box.

My question : I plan on taking it to metro PCS tomorrow. Does anyone know if they will be able to fix it for a low cost?

and if not I will be looking to purchase a new phone. I'm looking for something with a QWERTY slideout keyboard as well as a touch screen and fairly cheap. The droid 3 looks appealing so far, can i buy one off Ebay and then just slip my SIM into it?

also know of any phones alternatives that fit this description?

No they will not fix that problem especially since you took it somewhere to repair so you gave up your warranty on it.

You're better off buying a new phone, and a lot of people are fans of the new LG phones currently at Metro. But if you want to buy a phone and BYOD, buy yourself a Nexus 4 or 5. Either one of those you're getting a steal for the price.

Upvote 0
how come you spent so much ($200) to get your screen fixed? samsung will replace the entire front of your phone (screen, digitizer) for 135.11.... and even on amazon the front portion of the s3 is only $130 or so... just curious is all

A lot of people think they are SOL when their phones break and don't know the official route, or think the official route is too expensive

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones