• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3- Problems reinstalling deleted apk files

Madmax22

Oct 19, 2016
Dear experts

I deleted a load of bloats on my Galaxy S3, and in doing so, managed to delete some apk files that I actually needed! A common (and stupid) mistake it seems!

From the beginning- My phone was running really badly, so I backed up my files, settings, apps etc in the kies programme on my laptop, then did a hard reset. After that I installed Kingo Root and rooted my phone. Then I installed Root Browser and BusyBox. Through the Root Browser app I deleted all most all of the bloatware listed here- http://www.droidviews.com/list-of-b...ng-galaxy-devices-that-can-be-safely-removed/

The phone is now running great, but I've deleted/done something that means my phone will no longer connect to the kies programme. I thought it could be because I deleted this- wssyncmlnps.apk. I downloaded version v43_1310_3_1 on www.android-apk.org, but it wouldn't work to reinstall it on my phone.

I've also deleted the alarm clock app, and have tried downloading and reinstalling various versions. It has worked to reinstall, but then won't open!

Any help for this amateur would be most appreciated. All I really care about is getting access to my contacts, messages, calender and notes.

Robert

P.S I also tried using Airmore and GT data recovery.

Kies will not work with a rooted device as far as being able to backup or restore data.
You might be better off flashing back to stock and then use a app like Package Disabler Pro to disable the bloat that you normally cannot in the App Manager.
If you decide to try rooting again, the best way is to install a custom recovery first so you can make a stock backup which can be restored if needed. Flashing SuperSu update zip in recovery will complete the rooting process.
Using a app like Titanium Backup to freeze/ disable the bloat instead of deleting.
Either method, Package Disabler Pro or Titanium backup will let you re-enable something if phone starts acting up.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply Jfalls63.
Ok I'll flash back to stock. But I'm a real novice- could you advise me on how to do that?
I also deleted PreloadInstaller.apk. Does this mean that none of the apps I deleted will return? Droidviews.com says this-
"If you are going to delete bloat apps on a Samsung Galaxy device, make sure you also delete a file called PreloadInstaller.apk or most deleted apps will be automatically re-installed by your device on the next boot."
I've noticed today that I also cannot delete anything on my sd card, nor save photos to it!

Upvote 0
Rom manager apk in google play store should do then the apk will help to automatically download cwm custom recovery then google cwm stock (the sg3 model).md5 download i prefer slimkat its already free of bloat but the right ones are deleted,so if you would like that one google cwm stock (the sg3 model) slimkat.md5 downlods.
You can also use odin but thats if your okay with swiping the phone clear first.
Be sure to follow instructions very carefully as to avoid a brick.
Good luck.

Reactions: Madmax22
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: Madmax22
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your help guys! Odin download recommends that beginners use www.oneclickroot.com to make the whole process easier, otherwise I could likely brick my phone. What do you think?
Jfalls- the firmware you sent has PDA- I9300XXUGND5. On my phone the baseband version is I9300XXUGNA8. Should that be ok?
In a rush for work this morning. Pull up your phone dialer key pad and enter *#1234#
List what you have for PDA, CSC and modem

Reactions: ThePhizzle
Upvote 0
You have Kies installed in your PC and it comes with all Samsung USB drivers.
Sometimes Kies and Odin don't work well together so if there is a problem flashing, might need to disable Kies.
Ok, thanks. And disabling kies won't delete my data that's stored in kies will it? It will come back when I bring back kies again?
Please don't be late for work by helping me :)

Upvote 0
OH MY GOD it actually worked!!! I downloaded the Polish firmware you recommended and ran it through Odin. Kies didn't pop up and interfere with the process. I was then able to connect to Kies again and reinstall all my data, contacts, memos etc. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

With regards to rooting again, I'm open to the idea, but I wonder if it's necessary/recommended for someone like me? It would be nice if my phone ran as well as possible, with less lag, no bloats and improved battery power.
On the other hand though, I don't use it for gaming or anything too advanced and I'm not very tech-savvy. I don't plan to customise the phone into a super machine; I just want improved performance and life-span. I wonder if I can achieve this without rooting the phone.....what do you think?

I guess I'm a bit nervous of something going wrong, having just gone through this current process.

On another note- Yesterday when trying to retrieve my deleted apk files, I used a programme called EaseUS mobilsaver. I quit the process half way through, after reading bad reviews. But as the software scanned my phone, it brought up around 1800 images that I have previously deleted and can no longer see on the phone. Is it possible that these are still on the phone, and can I permanently delete them and other information in order to improve my phone's performance?

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones