• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 suddently all glitched and messed up

willyFF7

Lurker
Nov 19, 2014
Hey guys, so I've had a long week with this phone.. I've had it for nearly 2 years (Jan 2013) and I don't know what the common lifespan of a smartphone is, but I guess it's pretty old, had no issues or damaged it at all, but as of lately, I've been facing a lot of issues.
It all started when I was just messing with the phone on some app, and then it just crashed randomly out of no where.. this happens very rarely occasionally but this time it's different, it wouldn't turn or do anything (it wouldn't even charge). I took out the battery and reinserted multiple times (every time, for a longer period of time) and every time I inserted, it vibrated.. samsung logo, galaxy S3 logo (for less time than it normally does) then it black screens with the same result. So I waited a whole 8 hrs and it did the same.. I waited 24 hours and then it turned on finally.. I used it for less than 30 minutes until it crashed again, and back to the same thing.. but this time it was acting differently.. it kept vibrating and bringing the samsung logo over and over and over again...without me pressing anything, so I just left the battery off and I waited for my new battery to arrive, thinking since it's almost 2 years old, it's about time I replace the battery.

Now with the new battery today, when I put it in, it did that same vibrate/samsung logo 2 times (and the phone had no battery for 3 days or so) so this kinda scared me, it doesn't seem like the battery is the issue.. but... the phone did finally start charging afterwards so I let it charge before turning it on since it's a new battery. once it went all the way, I successfully turned it on for a while, used it some, and I'm still getting problems but it's not permanently staying off anymore, it feels like a messed up glitchy phone..

Here's the current following things I'm experiencing: to press the power button with a click, instead of turning off the screen, it turns off the phone (immediately without the logos) so instead I have to wait a few secs for it to automatically turn the display off.
One time the display wouldn't even turn off until the next crash...
I think I crashed randomly once, I don't remember, since it crashes with the power pressing, it's just happening kinda frequently..
Sometimes instead of crashing, it keeps bringing the menu to restart/shut down/etc when you hold it down, but I didn't even hold it, I just pressed quick, it's simply impossible to turn off the screen. And because of all these weird glitches, it leads me to believe soon my phone won't be able to turn on like the last battery... but that hasn't happened yet, it's only been a couple hrs. anyone know any solutions? I scanned with AVG but that never catches anything lol. I'd appreciate help, I don't see anyone else with this same issue I'm facing.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones