Galaxy S3 Sync SettingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. androidinept

androidinept New Member

Quick question,

I cannot receive Twitter notifications on my S3. Having gone into the app settings I could see that Twitter sync was switched off, however, I couldn't change this. Another post I saw suggested altering the android master sync in accounts and sync, the only problem is, I can't find it.

My Facebook, Instagram etc notifications all work. The only app I am having trouble with is Twitter.

Please advise on this issue and the master sync mystery...

Many thanks

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

It would be helpful to know what version of Android your on.

4.0.4 and above you should have an icon at the top of your screen.

To elaborate, with your screen active and unlocked, tap where you see your signal strength and drag your finger down to reveal the notifications screen.

You should see a series of buttons, some may be on (lit green) or off (grey) you can use your finger to swipe left or right to see more buttons. The button you need is the circle made of two arrows that says "sync" when that is lit green, the "master sync" as you call it, is on.

It is worth noting that in Android 4.1.2 you can now customise which icons appear on the notification screen. Just goto settings > display > notification panel and long press icons from the top panel to bottom to remove them, or the bottom to top to add them. Once the top panel has what you need, long press each to arrange in an order you desire.
    funkylogik and joshfishkins like this.
  3. androidinept

androidinept New Member

Apologies for my lack of information provided. I am familiar with the notifications bar. I am using 4.1.2. Come to think of it I remember the sync button from my old Galaxy S, but I wasn't aware that with this particular version of android you could change which options are on the notifications bar.

I have made the changes you suggested, and it now works.

Thanks very much.
    XplosiV likes this.
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

No worries, happy to help. Glad your up and running :)
  5. joshfishkins

joshfishkins Member

Thanks very much for the sync info, that's been driving me nuts!
  6. kgarza2

kgarza2 New Member

I'm sorry but I am on 4.1.2 on a galaxy s3 and I am not seeing the "notification panel" in display settings. I'd like to rearrange and play with the icons I have on my notification screen so if I could get some help doing that it would be great.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

It should be in Settings> Display> Notification Panel but i think some of the North American carriers didnt give that option in their 4.1.2 update
  8. kgarza2

kgarza2 New Member

Oh okay, that must be what happened. Thanks anyways. Stupid Verizon...