1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy s3 usb connector meltedSupport

1. BusterInLux

BusterInLux New Member

Folks,

I just want to raise this question, is there anyone that already had this problem :
    - having the usb connector that melted, along with the samsung usb cable provided with the phone.
    I am actually not kidding, it happened to me.

As usual yesterday night i pluged in my phone. Took it this morning, go to work.
    Until there, nothing unusual is it ?
    But an hour after being at work, my s3 ask me to plug it, battery low. Now, I had quite a surprise, as you all know battery's not so bad for the s3 :)
    So first action, check what might be the ***** application that is running and consuming my battery !
    And well, running on batterie since 1 day and 4 hours ! :hmpf:
    Ok, no matter, i must have forgotten to plug it (yeah, i am slow to wake up).
    Take another usb cable (not the samsung one, but an htc i use at work), plug it and ... 20 minutes later, s3 ask for batterie again :hmpf:

And starting from there, the disappointment :confused:

Get back to home for lunch, first thing, check what might have happened during the night.
    - samsung usb cable with a large black dot on the metal connector o_O Don't look good ...
    - have a look inside ... plastic in very bad shape :S
    - have a look at my s3 again (I mean INSIDE the connector), don't see much
    - try another cable, sometimes work (i mean s3 says its plugged but its not charging), sometimes just nothing ....

:eek: arrrrrrgggghhhhh :eek:

My s3 melted during the night :(

So anyone knows if there is any warranty for this ?
    'Cause the "oh so thought" gorilla glass has broken on the corner after having a walk with the s3 in my pocket (not kidding : not falling, not playing around, just having it in the pocket and walking)
    And i'm afraid the support answer is gonna be "you broke it, no warranty, get lost" :(

Actually s3 is great but i'm afraid it's not made for a daily common usage. I mean you'd better be very careful with it, not letting children playing around etc.

Thanks for your feedback / help / assistance :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

Did you contact Samsung or your carrier? I am quite confident if you contact Samsung they will pay to have it shipped to them and investigate the matter. Can you attach a pic or link to one?
  3. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member

I'm sure samsung will help you out. I remember when I had a lg env, I dropped it in snow and it smeared the red dot water indicator when I was trying to figure out why the phone wasn't working. Emailed LGusa and explainrd and they said to send it in and they sent me another one. Can't see samsung being much different.

Kenny